Time Doesn't Fly

Paulo dropped me off at my house. The second I hit the ground, Paulo reared his car out of my driveway and back to where he lived. I loved that guy so much! I couldn't believe how he totally saved me from those gangsters just like in my teen-vampire-romance-novels! I couldn't bear to be away from him. 

When I went inside I flopped down on the couch, longing to be with Paulo. It felt so long since I'd been with him. The minutes passed so slowly.  Every little tick the clock made killed me just a little bit more inside. I stared at the clock for as long as I possibly could without actually keeping track of time. I tried to get my mind off of him.

"I need some juice." I said to myself. I walked to the fridge to grab some Apple-Juice, and as I did so, the phone next to it stared me down. If the phone could talk, I bet it would be saying, "You know you want to call him. He is your soul-mate. You must be together. CALL HIM NOW!" So I did. 

The phone rang three times. "HEY PAULO!" I said, definitely not sounding too excited. 

"Excuse me, this is Sharon." Said the feminine voice. WHO'S SHARON???

"UM, 'SCUSE ME, LADY, BUT YOU BETTER NOT BE ON A DATE OR SOMETHING WITH MY MAN!" I yelled at the lady trying to steal my man.

"Pardon me, but I'm Paulo's mother." Sharon responded. Whoops, I guess I can kind of jump to conclusions sometimes. Nobody's perfect- well I'm as close as it gets. 

"Sorry, my-soon-to-be-mother-in-law. MY BAD. Can I talk to Paulo?" I asked politely, trying to make up for yelling at her. There was a short pause. 

"Hello?" Said the sweet voice of Paulo.

"HEY PAULO! MISS YOU BABE! WANT TO COME OVER? MISS YOU STILL!" I played it cool, trying not to sound too eager. 

"Did I not just drop you off at home, like, twelve minutes ago? And I still don't like you." Of course he didn't like me, DUH, he loved me!

"YEAH BUT IT FELT LIKE TWELVE HOURS, SO WANNA COME OVER?"

All I heard was the dial tone. I figured that he must have lost connection or something on his house phone. Well if he couldn't get the chance to come to me, then I'd go to him! 

I grabbed my jacket and bolted out the door. Unfortunately for me, at the time I hadn't realized the dangers outside my door- a banana peel.