4

Demi

After I finished with Wilmer, I called Mia in and smiled at her as she sat down.

"Are you ready ready to begin?"

She eyed me warily, "I don't know anything about you. Why should I tell you about my life?"

I sucked in my bottom lip, "You're right... My name is Demetria Devonne Lovato. When I was younger, people called me Demi, but now I go by Devonne. I came here when I was eighteen, was diagnosed, and recovered. I went back to school, and med school, then I came back and they gave me a job. I'm single, and live alone down the road." I paused, "So that's me. Now it's your turn".

Mia narrowed her eyes, "That was very vague."

I smiled, "You get what you give. You give me specifics, I'll give you specifics."

Mia sighed, "What do you want to know now?"

I smiled. "I want to go back, to the first memory you have of you being truly, one-hundred percent happy."

Mia looked down, "The day before my mom killed herself... She went all out, and instead of going to school we went to the diner for breakfast, then to Chuck-E-Cheese. Its some stupid kid's place near our house. I thought it was the best place in the world, we played games and ran around all day. Then we got home, ate dinner, and just snuggled up with my dad to watch a movie. Then she sang me to sleep." Mia looked up at me, "That was the last time."

I sighed, "Okay... Now I want to know about the time when you were most angry... apart from today."

Mia rolled her eyes, "I was fifteen, and I walked in on my dad making out with someone. I didn't talk to him for weeks. I was so mad that he just replaced my mom with some blonde bimbo that has no idea what our fucked-up family has been through."

I nodded, my pen sprinting across the paper. "Ok, now -"

"Wait I gave you two, now you give me one."

I sighed, "I was diagnosed with three mental disorders and two eating disorders."

Mia's eyes widened, "What-"

"Nope. That's all you're getting right now. It's your turn." I took a deep breath as she nodded. "Do you want to kill yourself?"

Mia froze and a strange expression spread across her face, "No, but I don't want to live anymore."

I nodded, "Ok, that's about it for today, I'm going to go get your dad and then we can talk about where we are going to go from here." I walked over to peek outside the door and smiled when i saw Wilmer waiting anxiously, "Come on in." He nodded and Mia couldn't look at him when he sat next to her. "Well I think Mia can thrive here, but only if she commits to it. This facility can only give the tools and can take you so far. The rest is up to you, Mia. I'm not trying to downplay it or say it's easy because it's not. This is the hardest thing you'll have to do in your life. It's going test in ways you never thought possible. Now are you ready to commit to that?"

Her hands fell down to her thighs with a loud smack, "No! I don't want to be here! I don't wanna commit ok? I wanna go home."

Wilmer rubbed his face and I smiled, " Okay, then we have our first goal. Emily can bring you to your room where you'll wait for me to get there so I can talk to you about your interest for therapies. Mr. Valderrama, if you could stay for a moment?"

Emily stepped forward grudgingly, and stalked out of the room.

I turned to Wilmer, "It's ok to be upset you know,"

Wilmer sucked in a breath, "I know, but I can't believe this happening! What am I doing wrong? Both of my girls... I can't lose her too."

I walked around the desk and sat on the edge of it, "You're not doing anything wrong Wilmer these things are no-ones fault. There a reasons behind this that we don't know, and most likely never will."

He stood up, and I leaned back, appraising him with sympathetic eyes. "Fix her, please."

I sighed, "That part is up to her, but I'll do anything in my power to help." He suddenly he had me in a vice-like grip hugging me around my waist.

"Thank you... Thank you."

I gently hugged him back, trying to ignore the flicker of heat that raced down my spine. "Just take a breath, it's gonna be okay." I felt him breath and I gently untangled myself. When I looked up at his face, he was staring at me with a strange expression. "Are you okay Wilmer?"

He nodded and swallowed hard, "Uh yeah... Fine. I was just thinking, how many times do you want me to get here?"

I bit my lip, "Well I don't know where you're living now, but I was thinking about twice a week, since I want to keep you in the loop."

Wilmer nodded, "We moved to Illinois last year, I'm about ten minutes away."

"Great, that's perfect."

He suddenly realized there was only about six inches of space between our bodies and opened the door, "Shall we?"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Comment and Vote!

Twitter: Lovatic_Chica

-Rachel