18

Demi

The next morning I woke up with my head resting on Wilmer's bare chest, my alarm blaring. With a groan, I reached over and turned it off. Wilmer I moved to sit up, Wilmer pulled me back down, snuggling into my neck.

"Don't get up yet." He mumbled, kissing my shoulder.

"I have work." I giggled. "Not everyone can be a rich CEO who can lay in bed until whenever he pleases."

"I set your alarm for half an hour earlier so we could talk."

I sighed and moved back under the covers and over to him warm body. "Talk about what?"

He shrugged, wrapping one arm around my shoulders. "Did you enjoy last night?"

I smiled and kissed his chest. "Last night, was the best sex I've ever had."

Wilmer raised his eyebrows. "Really?"

I shrank back slightly. "I mean if it wasn't for you I understand, but I enjoyed it."

He shook his head, chuckling lightly. "Of course I enjoyed it Demi. Last night definitely made the top three... probably second only to my wedding night." I nodded and he sighed. "I'm sorry, I didn't mean for that to upset you."

"You didn't." I shook my head and propped my head up on my elbow. "I understand, Will. I'm sure it would be the same if I was married before."

He rolled over on top of me and leaned down, his lips finding mine for a long drawn out moment. "You, are an amazing woman."

I playfully rolled my eyes. "I try."

Wilmer slowly kissed down my neck. "I love you."

"I love you too." I whispered, and his hands beginning to wander before I grabbed them. "I have work soon Wilmer."

His thick lips twisted into a smirk. "We still have twenty minutes."

~*~

When I walked into work that morning, Olivia was waiting.

"You're smiling." She said, narrowing her eyes at me. "At seven in the morning, you're smiling." Then her eyes widened and she grinned. "Did you have sex last night?"

I shushed her loudly as the nurses around us snickered, then grabbed her hand and practically ran to my office. I shut the door and leaned against it, closing my eyes. "Yes, we had sex."

"I knew it!" She shrieked. "Was it good? How big is he? He looks like he's good... and big."

"Olivia!" I slapped her shoulder. "Don't think about that!"

She laughed, waving me off. "Come on, spill."

I took a deep breath. "It was amazing. Like, the best ever. And yes, he's big." I blushed as she nodded knowingly. "He told me that he loved me."

Olivia gasped and pulled me into a tight hug. "I'm so happy for you! Was it awkward this morning or anything?"

I shook my head. "He woke me up half an hour hear so we could talk and cuddle..." I bit my lip and smiled. "Then we did it again."

"Oh my God. That's so cute- Wait. You had sex again?"

I smiled, handing behind my hands as I nodded. I felt like a school girl with her first crush. The butterflies that erupted inside my stomach every time I thought about Wilmer weren't unpleasant, but completely unfamiliar.

"Damn..." She crossed her arms. "He doesn't have a brother? You're sure?"

I laughed and shook my head. "I mean... Last night was absolutely amazing. Even with all of my issues, I didn't hesitate and it felt so good. It felt like I was finally getting over things. I don't know if I'm making sense right now or anything, but that's what he does to me all the time. I can barely get out two coherent sentences."

Olivia was grinning from ear to ear. "Demi I haven't seen you like this since..."

"Since Greg." I murmured, but she shook her head.

"No this is completely different. Even before things went bad with Greg, you followed him around like a lost puppy. You were always vying for his attention. But now, I mean... you hold your own, babe. You're in love, but it's different. It's not desperation or loneliness anymore. It's actually love."

I sighed deeply. "I know, and it scares the shit out of me. I'm so not used t it. Like even the sex. Greg was always so rough, but Wilmer... he's just... Perfect." Olivia laughed as I walked over and slumped into my desk chair. "I'm scared."

She got serious then. "What are you afraid of?"

I shrugged, picking at my nails. "I'm scared of the feelings Greg left inside of me. Im scared of flinching when he goes to touch my face. I'm scared of having a complete mental breakdown when we fight. I'm scared that he'll leave me when he finds out about everything. He only knows basic things about Greg and I can't... I don't know if I'll ever be ready to tell him. I can't even think about them without wanting to throw up. You're the only one that knows everything. I don't even know how to tell him or where to start. My life is so fucked up, Liv."

Olivia stayed quiet as I ranted, then leaned forward and took my hands. "Just tell him, Demi. He doesn't strike me as a runner, and if he does leave then screw him."

I shook my head. "I can't have that attitude when Mia is in my care. It'll affect my treatment with her."

She shook her head. "I'm telling you Demi, he's not going anywhere."

"I don't know Liv. He doesn't give me that feeling either, but I'm still scared."

"I know you are, Dems. But you can't let Greg keep his hold on you forever. You need to move on."

I nodded. "I'll tell him soon."

"Good." Then Olivia smiled. "And it's okay to be happy, to be giddy. It's okay to let go of your past."

~*~

"So how are you feeling today?" I asked, watching Jessica across from me as she picked at her fingernails.

"I'm okay."

"Sweetheart, you have to give me more than that. I want to help you."

She looked up at me, her blue eyes wide and scared. "What if the bad man comes back?"

I shook my head. "The bad man isn't coming back. I took care of it. I'll always take care of it. Don't you remember that?"

Jessica nodded, her fingers beginning to tremble as they clenched into fists and her nails dug into her skin. "It hurt so bad."

I stood up and walked over to sit in the chair next to her. "I know Jessica. I know it hurt, I'm so sorry. I am so sorry Jessica, but I made the bad people go away. You're safe now. You're okay."

"I'm safe." She whispered back. "I'm okay."

I took her shaking hands in mine, smoothing them out gently. "That's right, Jessica. You're safe, and you're okay. I'm gonna take care of everything."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Comment and Vote!

Twitter: Lovatic_Chica

-Rachel