22

Demi

Wilmer and I sat like that for a while; him holding onto me tightly as I rubbed his back and whispered reassurances in his ear. Finally, he pulled away and wiped his face.

"I'm sorry."

I shook my head and leaned down to kiss him. "Don't apologize. I see this stuff all day and I understand it. You're entitled to your emotions, Wilmer. It's okay."

He smiled softly, shaking his head as he kissed me again. "The perks of dating a psychiatrist."

"Chief Psychiatrist." I giggled, then tilted my head. "I told my boss about us today."

"What?" He raised his eyes, his eyes wide. "What happened?"

"As long as it doesn't his Mia's recovery, it's fine." I shrugged. "But he doesn't want me to go around talking about it to everyone."

"So we're okay?"

I nodded, and ran my hand through his hair. "We're okay."

Wilmer laughed and practically tackled me down to the bed, his lips coming down on mine just a moment, kissing me in a very different way. The taboo part of out relation had been fun, but I could finally go to dinner with him without fear of people I work with seeing us. I could kiss him in the street when we walked together and know I could keep my job. Even now, in the privacy of his house, I kissed him with more freedom. I wasn't worrying about the consequences of kissing him in the back of my mind. Now, all I focused on was the feeling of his lips against mine.

We fell back against the pillows panting hard. I laughed breathlessly and rolled over to lay on Wilmer's chest, kissing his neck once. "You're amazing."

He smiled, wrapping one arm around my bare back, his fingertips drawing circles on the small of my back. "I love you."

"I love you too." I whispered back, almost automatically. "You mean absolutely everything, Wilmer."

He leaned his forehead against mine and we stared into each other's eyes for a few moments until my stomach growled and ruined the moment. Both of us laughed and I sat up, holding the sheets to my chest.

"This is why you buy a girl dinner first."

"I'll remember that." He sat up too, his fingers tracing a line of heat up my spine. "But thinking of you leaving this bed, naked, is too much right now."

"I'm starving." I complained, but leaned into him all the same. "You wore me out."

"Alright, alright... what's for dinner?"

I shrugged, keeping an eye on his hand that was moving up my thigh. "Chinese? We could put on a movie."

"I haven't had takeout in years." When I gave him a look he looked sheepish. "Mia wouldn't go near it."

"You've been missing out." I teased, and reached for my phone.

"Wait." Wilmer plucked it out of my hands. "One thing..."

"What?" Concern swept through me but he calmed me with a soft smile.

"You called me something during my little freak out... You called me baby."

I blushed and shrugged as I shrank back. "It just came out... I'm sorry."

"I didn't mean it like that." He shook his head and looked up at me through his lashes. "I liked it."

"Okay." My cheeks were scarlet, and he laughed good-heartedly.

"I didn't meant to make you uncomfortable, I was just letting you know."