17

Demi

That night when I got home, Wilmer was already in my driveway waiting in his car.

"Hey beautiful." He greeted me, once I pulled in, and hugged me tightly.

"Hi." I smiled and stood up on my toes to kiss him, then quickly kissed him again before dropping back down.

"Why are you so smiley?" He asked, raising one eyebrow down at me. "How was work?"

"Work was insane." I bit my lip and couldn't help but smile again. "But I guess that's kind of a given."

Wilmer snorted and threw his arm around my shoulder. "That's not funny."

I laughed and leaned into his side. "So I got promoted today."

"Really?" His eyes lit up. "To what? That's great!"

I unlocked the door and shrugged, like it was not big deal. "Chief Psychiatrist."

"Wait." He caught my arm and turned so I looked at him. "Like, head of the treatment center?"

I giggled and nodded, leaning against the door. "Exactly like head of the treatment center."

Wilmer hugged me tightly and spun me around, my feet lifting off the floor. "That's amazing! I'm so proud of you love."

I grinned and hugged him back. "Neil Walker, the chairman of the board just walked into my office and handed me Connors' job!"

He furrowed his brow for a moment. "What happened to Connors?"

I sighed and opened the door, stepping inside before I turned to look at him. This was the part of my day I was not looking forward to telling Wilmer about. I didn't want him to get angry with me about the incident with Connors, even though it wasn't my fault. When I saw him looking at me expectantly, I grimaced.

"You're uhm... you're not gonna like that part." I took a deep breath. "The entire board walked in on him kissing me."

Wilmer's expression dropped instantly. "What?"

I shook my head and stepped forward, grabbing his hand. "He's always had this weird fascination with me, ever since I started working there. I went into his office to discuss a patient of mine, he backed me into a corner and forced himself on me. I tried to push him off but he wad too heavy. Then they walked in and he tried to say it was consensual, but they knew it wasn't." I said this all in one breath, rushing through my words before peeking up to check his facial expression.

Wilmer wrapped his arms around me before I was even done though, holding me tightly against his body. "Are you okay? Jesus Christ, Demi."

I hugged him back, nuzzling my face into the dip in his chest. "I'm a little shaken up, but I'll be okay."

He kissed my forehead and pulled back to look at me with a worried expression. "Do you want to talk about it?"

I leaned up to kiss him lightly. "Not yet, but soon I might." He raised one eyebrow curiously, but I shook my head. "Just another skeleton in the closet."

Wilmer nodded. "I get it, don't worry about it."

I smiled and took both his hands, leading him backwards into the house. He kicked the door shut behind him and instantly pulled me closer, reaching for my waist. I pulled his head down and crashed my lips against his, smiling slightly as he kissed back with the same hunger. Wilmer began walking forward, and when my legs hit the count I fell back against the cushions, pulling him on top of me quickly. We made out for a few minutes, and I could feel him beginning to harden against my leg. Teasingly, I rolled my hips and he groaned loudly, letting his head fall into the crook of my neck, kissing my shoulder.