Goodnight Kiss

It took him a while to process what had happened.

Everything had been so... easy. And, well, to expect anything to be easy was more dumb than optimistic. But, on the other hand... such outcome was pretty logical. Levi was a vampire, after all. Why would he have any trouble rescuing him from a place that didn't exactly had a top notch security system? Especially while he had Hange as backup?

They spent most of their way back home in silence. At one point Eren asked if it was really necessary for Levi to keep carrying him. 'Not necessary', the vampire answered, 'But it's a bit quicker'.

Once they arrived, more silence.

"Hey, brat..."

Eren flinched a bit. The reason why he left while Levi was sleeping was because he wanted to avoid troubling the older male with his personal problems. In the end... he'd only made things even more complicated, hadn't he?

"I'm not going to demand that you tell me about that place, but if you want to talk, I'd like to listen"

That... was definetely not what Eren was expecting to listen.

"There's not much to tell...", he started to talk, staring at his own hands as he did so, "That's just... the place I was born and raised. Along with other kids like me. Mikasa's one of them, you've met her"

The vampire stayed in silence, doing nothing but staring and listening with attention. It made Eren feel a bit uneasy, but he kept talking.

"I... didn't want to stay there forever. So one day I just walked out. I said I'd come back soon, but I never did"

And then he met Levi. End of story.

But... there was still something in his mind.

"However... I miss some of them. There's Mikasa, and my friend Armin, and Sasha, Connie, Marco... Hell, I even miss hor... Jean. Sort of", he shrugged, "So... I guess that's it. I wanted to see them. I didn't think it would turn out like that"

His tail started to move nervously, while waiting for the other tp say something, anything, and then...

"We could think about finding a way for you to see them. Together, it shouldn't be too difficult"

Eren blinked.

Then he blinked again.

"... Really?"

The vampire shrugged.

"Why would I waste my time saying things I didn't mean?", his voice sounded quite composed and unfazed, but there was something about the expression on his face that made it clear that it really mattered to him for Eren to believe in what he said.

The younger boy allowed himself to smile for the first time since he'd arrive.

"Thank you soo much Levi, I don't e..."

"Yeah, yeah, I know,", the other interrupted, placing a hand on the taller one's shoulder, "Now go rest. It looks like you need it. A lot"

Still smiling, Eren nodded.

"I will!", he said, hesitating for two seconds before throwing his arms around Levi and pulling him into a hug.

The vampire was a bit surprised by it at first, but then he relaxed and placed his hands around the other. The cat boy started purring, which brought a smile to Levi's face.

"You better. Sleep well, kid"

Without removing his arms from the shorter male, Eren backed away just enough so he could reach the other's lips, giving him a quick kiss.

"Good night, Levi"