Hidden Stars

Eren found himself wandering at the streets once again, his mind fulfilled with self-admonishing thoughts.

   He wasn't exactly surprised by the existence of vampires, or the fact that Levi was one (After all, if freaks like himself existed, why not vampires?). No... what surprised him was the realization that during all those weeks they lived together, he never suspected a thing. And now, thinking back to those days, there were things to be suspicious about.

   And what surprised him the most... was finally realizing that he hadn't noticed how much time had passed since they met.

   Eren always had this instinct to keep moving, to avoid attachments, and he blamed it on his stupid cat genes. Anything that threatened his freedom, even if slightly, made him run away. That was the reason why he ran from the warehouse. The reason why he avoided Mikasa. However...

   He never felt this instinct arise during the time he was next to Levi. And only now he noticed.

   His mind was running wild in search for an explanation. It might have been because Levi spended a lot of time out of the apartment. It might have been because he never pressured him into talking about his past. It might have been because he never mentioned his cat features, because he treated him as if he were normal, because... it felt good being around him.

   The brunet shook his head, trying to clear his thoughts. Putting that way, it almost sounded as if... As if...

   He stopped walking. He took a deep breath.

   He wouldn't deny - not to himself, at least - that he might have been attracted to the raven haired vampire. Physical attraction, however, was justifiable. Beauty is always able to grab one's attention. But he wasn't thinking solely on Levi's appearance. No, he was thinking about the way he acted, the way he talked, the way he smiled on the rare times he did.

   Damn it.

   If he were alone, he would've pushed his head against the nearest wall. But he wasn't, so he kept walking.

   Eren wasn't really paying attention to where he was going, but he wasn't surprised when his feet lead him to the place where he met Levi.

  The place hadn't changed at all. He sat on the same spot and looked up at the sky. The street lights hid all the stars.

   He, on the other hand, was anything but hidden. Perhaps... he didn't want to hide.