Bitter Wind

"I've been looking for you everywhere, Eren. It's been two weeks. Why did you leave?"

   The boy put his arms on her shoulders and tried to push her away, an angry look on his face.

   "I've told you already, now let go of me, Mikasa. I said I'm not coming back and I meant it!"

   "You're just being childish. Now stop trowing a tantrum and come back home", she said, reaching out for him with her left hand. He slapped her hand away.

   "Home? That place it's not home, it's a fucking warehouse where we spend the night! We're homeless, Mikasa, remember?", in that moment, he completely forgot about the older man watching the whole ordeal with a curious look on his usually emotionless face. "And, damn it, you're not my mother. I can do whatever the hell I want to"

   The girl lowered her ears in an agressive manner, mimicking his, but she looked far more frightening while doing it.

   "Eren...", then she finally saw the other male standing there, what annoyed her even more. "What are you doing listening to our conversation?"

   She asked in a tone that'd make many cower in fear, but Levi looked bored as always when he answered.

   "I'm waiting for Eren", he stated blankly.

   The small sentence resulted in her turning her eyes back to Eren twice as furious.

   "You've been talking to strangers?"

   "He's not a stranger... well, not a complete stranger at least. Anyway, you don't have a say on who I talk to. Not anymore. Now get out of my way"

   "Actually, we're heading that way, so technically speaking, she's not in your way, brat. Can we go now?", said Levi, starting to feel a bit annoyed. He hadn't spent so many days wondering if he should or not offer the stupid cat boy a place to live to have things ruined by an even more stupid cat girl.

   Eren sighed. He didn't expect to be found that easily. The town wasn't exactly small, and whenever he decided to walk around this particular area, he'd go alone.

   "... Sorry, Mikasa. If I change my mind, I know where to find you guys. Don't worry, I'll be fine, just... leave me be for a while, 'kay?"

   The dark haired girl didn't look happy at all with the idea, but she knew how stubborn Eren could be.

   "You'll regret it", she muttered, holding onto her scarf so the wind wouldn't blow it away.