Dark Sky

((AN: Sorry for being so late, guys. A mix of laziness and mental exhaustion got on the way. I'll have a really important test a week from today, so I can't promise to update as fast as I wish to, but I'll work on a haloween-themed bonus chapter to try to make up for that,'kay?))

  "What was that all about, brat?"

   Eren sighed. He should've known that this question would come up sooner or later.

   "Mikasa's my overprotective older sister, that's all. Are we close yet? It feels like we've been walking for hours! You said it was close enough to go by foot...", he didn't mean to whine, but his legs were starting to ache a bit.

   "It is close enough... for me, at least", Levi said while trying to decide between mocking the younger for being lazy and showing some concern. He chose the second. After all, his notion of distance was surely very different from Eren's. "It's not that far, I guess, but we can stop for a minute if you wish"

   "... It's getting late. We should hurry. I'll be fine"

*     *     *    *     *     *     *     *     *     *

   Levi's apartment was bigger than he imagined. And clean as fuck. It almost gleamed. There were no family photos on the walls, or in any other place. Perhaps there were some in the older's bedroom, but he was denied acess to that part of the house.

   "The guestroom is the second door to the left. There are clean sheets on the closet. And towels as well. The bathroom is right next door, feel free t... actually, feel obliged to take a shower as soon as possible. My clothes probably won't fit you very well, but for now it's all I can offer"

   "It's more than enough already. Thank you, Levi", the cat boy smiled, his ears twitching happily.

The black haired male looked at the younger, staring at those green eyes. Were they really green? Sometimes they looked blue. It was a weird color. All he could say was that it was a beautiful color... and that his chest suddenly felt strange.

   ...And that he should have answered sooner instead of staring like a moron for quite some time.

   "... You're welcome, brat"  

   After that, he went to the balcony and decided to light up a cigarette. It's not as if he had to worry about lung cancer anyway. He lifted his eyes so he could stare at the almost completely dark sky. It was a new moon night, and the clouds, as well as the city lights, were doing a fine job at hiding any stars. However, it was still a beautiful sight. The clouds were gray and reddish, and there were many of them to make up for the absence of light. Levi usually wouldn't notice stuff like that, but he tried to avoid the thought that he might've been influenced by the fact that he could hear the running water from the bathroom. And that noise kept reminding him of Eren's presence.

   "... Stupid brat..."