Chapter 23

Cara's POV (Mystic Falls) 6 months later

"It's quiet don't you think", Damon sighted. "Yeah empty without Cara you mean, she was always so cheerful and happy", Stefan said. "I hate the Mystic Grill without her", Damon said. "I know you do, she reminds me of Lexi", Stefan said. "You mean the one that always kept you on track that Lexi", Damon said a bit nervously. It was always a nerve for Stefan since Damon killed Lexi. "Lexi was a good friend, no matter what she did too you, like Cara is a good friend from you, despite your actions she always forgive you", Stefan said. "I know Stefan, despite all my actions right", I said. "She also knows you are in love with my girlfriend, just don't even think about it", Stefan said. "I am not thinking about it, I am thinking about Cara okay, I miss her, things used to be so much... oh my", Damon said with a grin.

"Fun right, you better mean me", Cara said with a smile from ear to ear. "You are back", Damon said. "Just for a little while. Elijah and I make a pit stop, we are on our way back to Mystic Falls, we had to run an arrow in Chicago", I said. "Chicago, why there", Stefan said. "Oh get things done from the past and then he suggested that I should catch up with some of my oldest friends", I said. "Well then, for once I couldn't agree more with Elijah", Damon said. "I am about to pick up Jenna and Alaric along with the rest of the crew that saved my sorry ass, how about you two come along with me", I said. "Another one of your bright ideas", Stefan said with a smile.

When the crew was complete we all had shots. "Jeremy just this once", Jenna said giving him the green light to drink. "Ah let him live a little", I said grinning.

We hat multiple shots and shared old memories with each other when Elijah walked in. "Hey started to drink shots without me", he said. "Just a few to take the edge of, we are just getting started", I said with a smile. "Ah well in that case, we are staying the night so I don't have to be the only one that doesn't drink", Elijah said. "Since when do you ever", I said. "You got a fair point there", Elijah said drinking his shot.

"I am so glad you are back, Mystic Falls is really boring without you", Jenna said. "Wel thanks", Alaric said. "Hey, she is my bestie Ric, you must admit that life is boring without Cara Mitchel in town", Jenna said. "Well thank you Jenna, I just heard that the Salvatore brothers said the exact same thing, so I am happy to be back even though it is for a short term", I said.

"How are things with your father and you", Damon asked. "Not so good, he still doesn't want to get to know me, but New Orleans hasn't been boring, I've met a few witches and made a friend with the outcast of them all. Davina Claire. She is nice, and Klaus is being friendly, so he keeps his promise Stefan", I said. "Good, it's ashame I can't kill him or treathen to kill him, otherwise I would have done that", Stefan said. "I know you would have, but it has no use, as you said Klaus is invisible", I said.

"Why are you staying in New Orleans when your father doesn't want to get to know you", Damon said. "That is a long story Damon, for another time, right now I just want to catch up with my friends, have drinks, share stuff", I said. Damon nodded.

"Why don't we grab some food, and Damon after that, we have a Guitar Hero match to play", I said. "Sure thing, I would love to kick your ass from here to Kentucky and back", Damon said. "Wow, well someone is competitive", I said.

"So, how about here, what happened here in Mystic Falls while I was gone", I said. "Well for starters nothing, like we said, it's boring without you here Cara, nothing supernatural excited is happening now you are gone", Caroline said and she looked a bit sad. "Well perhaps now I am back something supernatural will attack someone and you will have something to solve", I said laughing. "Are you predicting now", Bonnie said. "Nah, that is still jour job to do", I said to Bonnie. "What, you are a witch too, it's not that crazy you would be able to do that kinds of things yourself", I said. "It is crazy Bonnie Bennett, all of these things are crazy and I am not the only one who feels that way, am I Elijah", I said. "No you are most defenety not", Elijah said.