Chapter Twenty One

Kate's point of view

When I wake up in the morning, it feels as though I've just shut my eyes. My mind only recalls what felt like thirty seconds of sleep before it was nearly eleven AM and I was forcing myself to get out of bed.

The fight was nothing major. I've been in worse arguments in my life. I don't need Harry to keep me afloat, even though he is practically my only friend. It seems like my life is beginning to become a pattern and I feel suddenly much more bored than I have in the past six months.

Instead of sitting around and moping, I throw on a sports bra and some pants, as well as a sweatshirt that's slightly too big which allows me to quickly recognize it as belonging to Harry. I almost shrug the fabric off and leave it tucked away in my closet, but I ignore the thought and step outside anyways.

After a twenty minute jog around a park near my dorm, I stop off at a small coffee shop and order a cappuccino. My hand reaches into my pocket for my phone while I wait in line for my drink and I pretend not to be disappointed when I light up the screen and find no new notifications.

When I get back to my dorm, I take a long shower and take my time shaving my legs and conditioning my hair. I have nothing to do for the rest of the day and decide while in the shower that I'll spend the remainder of my afternoon in bed watching movies on my laptop. I rarely spend time just hanging out by myself and get slightly excited just thinking about the time to relax.

Around seven in the evening, I'm nearly asleep and suddenly regretting the lazy day as I find myself completely unmotivated to do anything-- including getting up to eat dinner.

Eventually I do remove myself from the tangled sheets and stretch my sore back in the darkness of the room. My phone is grabbed from my bed and I quickly dial the number to my favorite Chinese restaurant to order some to-go food. As soon as I lift the phone to my ear to make the order, an odd beeping sounds from the speaker. I pull the device away to look at the screen and notice an incoming call on the other end of the call I'm making.

"Hello?" I ask, slightly confused.

"Hey." A familiar voice greets in return. I pull the phone away from my ear again and sigh lowly when I notice Harry was making the incoming call.

"Hi Harry. I was just in the middle of ordering dinner. Do you need something?" I sit down on the bed and cross my legs as I slump forward. I had finally gotten my mind off of him and now of course he's weaseling his way back into my thoughts.

"No, I- well, I wanted to ask you if you wanted to hang out. I can come over to your dorm or you can come here if you're up for making the trip." He seems slightly nervous as he speaks. I'm not sure what he would be nervous about-- he was the reason for our argument last night.

"I've been at home all day and I'm not even wearing makeup. I'm not sure you'd want to fuck me right now. Maybe tomorrow." I answer in a bored tone, even though I'm overly interested in the fact that he thinks it's okay to call me and ask to hang out after I stormed out on him last night.

If he took my words to heart and really is only calling me for sex, I'm not sure how I would feel about it. I told him that's what our relationship could be if that's all he wanted from me, but I know that thought will only last until I'm in person with him and my stomach is swarming with butterflies when he smiles as me, as it always does. I hate how much just simple gestures from him make my head feel fuzzy with adoration.

"I don't care wether you're wearing makeup or not. You look great no matter what." He chuckles softly and my heart plummets at the confirmation he's only using me as a booty call.