Chapter Thirty One

(I'm gonna update twice this week bc ily guys and you're all so sweet and supportive of this story oh my god when I first started writing it I thought it sucked because I had never written something like this but you all seem to like it so much and aw imma cry also I might be busy Friday bc Black Friday and I work in retail which will be crazy so yeah)

KATE'S POV

It seems as though we hug for hours. Each passing moment feels longer than the last and strangely, it doesn't seem to satisfy me. I want nothing more than to stay locked away in his arms for weeks, maybe even months. I hate thinking that each time something good comes about it eventually has to end and I'll be left back in my shitty reality.

When I do finally manage to tear myself away from him, I pull away only a few inches and turn my head up. Harry flutters his eyes open and stares intently at me while continuing to rub his hand comfortingly up and down my back.

"Is this too much?" I ask in a low whisper while pressing my hands against his chest. I don't wait for his response before leaning in to rest my forehead against his chin.

"No." He whispers back. I nod my head in acknowledgment, then look up again to admire his sharp jawline.

"We probably look silly to your neighbors." I point out once realizing I've tried to walk away nearly four times and have ended up somehow holding him like my life depends on it.

"I don't give a damn about them." He mumbles back. I stay silent and try to ignore my mind reminding me that he doesn't give a damn about me either.

When I meet his eyes again, he's already staring at me. There's a lot I want to say but I can't seem to think straight with his jade eyes boring into my own.

Just when I'm bracing myself to speak up again, I'm completely caught off guard when I feel the sensation of his soft lips against my own. My heart nearly beats out of my chest and falls to the floor as I attempt to wrap my head around him kissing me unexpectedly just when I thought he was finalizing the end of us.

"Are you in shock or do you not want to kiss me? I'm getting mixed signals here." He pulls away a few inches to whisper to me, his voice partially teasing. He's referring to my stilled lips and racing mind that has me tugging desperately on his shirt to bring his body closer to mine while I'm reacting to his attempted kiss the same as a dead fish would.

"In shock." I manage to stupidly answer. He nods and presses his forehead against mine while giving me a few moments to gather myself.

"Can I try again?" I eventually ask. He cracks a small smile and only nods his head for a second time. Without wasting any time, I have my lips locked between his own once again. His plump lips seems to encase mine perfectly and the sensation of having his mouth on mine doesn't help me gather my thoughts in the slightest. It only creates more havoc on my mind, actually.

"Come back inside." He whispers against my ear when he pulls away to catch his breath. I can feel his chest rising and falling against my own and for the first time in what feels like forever, something between us is in synch.

"Really? But you-"

"I know what I said earlier. Now I'm saying I want you to come inside, though." He eyes me seriously and I try to pay attention, but all I can think about is feeling the pressure of his mouth against mine again.

"Are you just going to kick me out later? It's already late to be taking a cab and I don't want to have to-"

"I'll give you a ride home later. Please just come be with me." He grabs my hands from my sides and I nearly melt into a pool of mush.