Chapter Forty Two

(Kinda decided if you feel like this story is boring then you don't gotta finish reading but things will happen so don't lose hope or comment mean things if you're thinking that)

K A T E ' S P O V

From Harry:
Good morning, love. I stopped and got you coffee and breakfast on my way to campus today so don't bother doing it on your own. I was hoping you'd use the spare time to come see me before class starts. x

His message pops up on my phone when I'm only two blocks away from the same cafe I stop at nearly every morning. A smile breaks out on my lips at the idea that he knows me well enough to know my morning routine, but the smile doesn't last long. I know he's trying to make up for everything that's going on between us and even though it's a sweet gesture, a coffee and a hug won't change the circumstances.

When he left my apartment this morning, it was so early the sun hadn't even made an appearance in the sky yet. He kissed me goodbye and slipped out of my bed before I had even fully opened my eyes. He claimed he needed to go home and get ready for work but I have a feeling he was in such a hurry because facing our problems in the light of day was a much different extreme.

When I arrive on campus, there's on a few students littered around outside studying or chatting with friends. It's still early enough that I find the campus to be peaceful as I make my way to Harry's lecture hall.

"Hey, you." He greets happily as soon as I step inside the room. He's seated at his desk in the front with an array of things laid out on his desk. I can see two cups of coffee, alongside a few small bags that likely hold pastries.

"Hi." I greet back, slightly timid. Harry continues smiling as I approach him but as soon as I'm within arms reach, he's practically lunging towards me and pulling me in for a hug.

"How's your morning been? I've missed you." He kisses both of my cheeks multiple times while continuing to hold me in a tight embrace. I can barely breath through his hug, but I don't push him away. As soon as he leans back to look at me I can see in his eyes that he's practically begging me to play along with him. I know he feels bad about everything that's going on, but I'm having a hard time forgiving him. He still hasn't explained our argument from a few days ago and our issues just continue to grow from there.

"It's been fine. I missed you too. I think my morning will be a lot better though as soon as you give me the coffee I could have had fifteen minutes ago." I tease back, leaning up to kiss his cheek in return of his affection.

"Oh, fuck, I forgot." He reaches behind him to grab my iced latte off of his desk and passes it off to me with a smile. I return his smile as a thank you then sigh happily as soon as I take my first sip of the sweet drink.

"Thank you. I really needed some caffeine. We were up late last night." I lean in to lay my head on his chest and he happily tightens his arms around my waist.

"I know. We can go to bed early tonight and make up for some of it. I just washed the sheets on my bed and we can rent a movie on my TV and maybe order pizza or something." His hand rubs up my back and I slowly turn my head up to look at him.

"I didn't know I was staying with you tonight..." I step out of his embrace finally and notice his eyes widen slightly.

"Oh right, I probably should have asked." He laughs stiffly and runs his fingers through his hair before inhaling deeply.

"Do you want to come stay over at my place tonight?" He asks seconds later. I take it upon myself to move around him and take a seat at his leather desk chair. My legs cross in my lap and I take a slow sip of my latte before looking up at him again to see his nervous expression.