Chapter 25

After pizza, popcorn and soft drinks on the sofa whilst having a film marathon, you and Dan decide to call it a night and go to bed. In your pyjama shorts and vest top, you and Dan are cocooned in the duvet, discussing the day ahead of you.

"When you win that award, I'm probably gonna cry" You laugh.

"Why?" Dan chuckles, his fingers dancing on your spine.

"I'm so unbelievably proud of how far you've come Dan" You tell him, pushing his fringe back.

"Thanks" Dan blushes, "Without you, I'd have struggled."

"No you wouldn't have" You say, rolling your eyes jokingly.

"I would've!"

You continued to talk about the award ceremony until you fell asleep, facing Dan, with your chest against his. Of course you are excited about Dan and Phil winning an award but you lay with your eyes shut, thinking that this is the last night of you and Dan just being best friends. You have a gut feeling that something is going to happen between you at the after party. You can't wait!

After a long night of tossing and turning, you wake up and look at the window to see sunglight peaking throw the red curtains, matching the bed sheets. A hand is placed on your waist, making you jump and turn over to see Dan laughing loudly.

"Sorry but that was too funny!" Dan chuckles.

"You're a moron Dan" You laugh, throwing back the duvet cover.

Just as you go to get out of bed, Dan grabs your hip and pulls you back.

"Noooo just stay for a bit longer~"  Dan wails.

"We need to get ready Dan" You tell him.

"Please~" Dan pleads, pouting.

You give into Dan's puppy eyes and dimples and crawl back under the covers, embracing Dan.

"Today's the big day!" Dan whispers, reaching for you hand.

Dan begins to fiddle with the promise ring on your finger and you have a feeling that he is hinting about something but then again, he could just be using that as an excuse to hold your hand.

"By the end of today you could have trophy" You say, excited for him.

"And I can't wait to claim it" Dan says, winking.

Why did it sound like he meant something completely different other than an actual trophy? Eventually, Dan lets go letting you get up and put on some leggings and a white converse shirt to match your shoes. Dan puts on his black jeans and a plain black shirt, along with his black jacket - his aesthetic is fully on display, showing that he's in a good mood!

Holding hands, you leave the room and go downstairs to the restaurant to meet Louise and Phil.

"Morning cuties!" Louise says with a vlog camera to hand.

Instead of letting go of your hand, Dan doesn't get slightly embarrassed at all but waves at the camera with his spare hand.

"Hey guys!" Dan grins, pulling out a chair for you.

Louise pans the camera around to her.

"Dan and Phil are up for an award guys! So exciting! As you know I'm also up for an award so thank you for the nomination guys!" Louise says, smiling.

"So what's the plan today before the award ceremony guys?" Phil asks.

"Well I need to get a few bits for tonight if that's okay" Dan says, winking to Phil and Louise.