Two

November

Dan was running through the woods with Phil's hand in his. "I didn't think we'd get caught!" Dan whisper yells to his friend as they run, guards not far behind them.

"Just another one of our adventures to add to the list." Phil jokes, getting Dan to shake his head.

"Get back here!" The loud voice of a guard booms behind them. It wipes the smile off Dan's face.

"That's Chris, he's fast. Really fast." Dan gulps before dragging Phil into a cave.

The whole night seemed to have been a big blur. There was this strict curfew that everyone in the villages needed to follow. Most guards who do the night shift usually don't go near the woods, but apparently the certain guard Chris had spotted them when going off of his route. So he yelled at them to stay still which, of course, they didn't listen to and just ran. Now, they're trying to avoid being caught.

"Why are you bringing me here?" Phil asks.

"How do you think I get to the woods? I found it when I was trying to break out of the castle. Pretty sweet huh?" Dan lets go of his hand and kneels down, he pulls up a trap door and uses his hand to tell Phil to follow. Phil jumps down with Dan behind him who closes the door. "Follow me." Dan instructs, taking Phil's hand in his once again. The Prince leads Phil down a tunnel which eventually leads to another ladder that Dan allows Phil to climb first, keeping watch to make sure he doesn't fall and to make sure they're not being followed. Once Phil's gets out Dan quickly follows.

The ladder led them up into the castle garden. The ground is littered in exotic flowers, colourful stone pathways, trees, and ponds filled with different fish swimming around and jumping occasionally out of the pool to catch an unsuspecting fly. Phil's breath is completely caught up in his throat. "Oh my- you live here?" Phil asks, taking a spin around to try and grasp every thing in the garden.

"Well, it is a castle." Dan says sarcastically, rolling his eyes as he talks. He once again grabs Phil's hand tightly and leads him into the castle. Once they get inside Dan drops his hand and goes ahead to check if the coast is clear. As Dan wanders off, Phil's attention moves towards a door that's slightly open and he feels himself being drawn towards it.

He slowly makes his way to the door and pushes the it open more, it opens with a big creak and Phil gets a better look around the room. It's a child's room filled with a crib, a box of toys, cartoon characters painted on the walls, and empty picture frames of memories yet to come. Phil steps into the abandoned room, taking in a view of it, not quite sure who's it is or was. It couldn't be Dan's that's for sure, the picture frames would've filled with his smiling face and red chubby cheeks like most of Phil's childhood pictures along with most of the other one's he's seen before. He moves closer to the crib, running his fingers over the wood and gathering dust on his hand.

Then a hand grabs the back of his shirt and starts to pull him away, he opens his mouth to yell or scream but a hand is put over it almost immediately. "Shh." Phil starts to calm down when he figures out it's Dan's voice and doesn't try to escape. Dan drags him down the hallway to his room. Once inside Dan closes the door before turning it Phil. "Why the hell were you in there?!" Dan growls at Phil, obviously angered.

"I-I'm sorry, I-I was c-c-curious." Phil stutters, not used to Dan being angry. But unlucky for Phil, his apologies don't work.

"Phil you shouldn't be wandering around! There is already going to be a report going to my parents about two men running through the woods late at night and vanishing into a cave! If my parents found out that it was me and some strange black haired boy do you know what would happen?" Phil shakes his head and Dan takes a step towards him. "Me neither but it would be bad! Painful bad." Dan warns, pointing his finger at Phil.