Three

December

"Hey mum?" Dan asks, popping his head into his mum's study.

"Yes Daniel?" She replies, keeping her eyes glued to the mountain of paper work in front of her.

"Can I go and stay the night in the city?" He asks, leaning against the door frame. "I'll wear a disguise and everything if that's what you want?" His mother cast her glance over to her son.

"I guess that would be okay. What disguise did you have in mind?" She pushes up her readers as she speaks.

"Um, maybe some different coloured hair spray for the tips of my hair? Blue of red, along with some dark pants and black t-shirt. Topping the look off with a pair of grey converse? That sound alright?" The Queen thinks for a little bit before turning back toward her son.

"Sounds good, the hair colouring will defiantly throw the city people off, maybe add a fake lip ring to the look just to be sure. And, even though you are the legal age to drink I don't want you to, especially in the city. Try not to get in trouble 'cause I won't be able to save your sorry backside." His mother instructs. Dan just laughs and promises to say safe. "Good, I'll tell your father. Now go on, have some fun."

Dan gives his mother a kiss on her cheek before going off to his room to get ready.

After putting on his black clothes, unmatched socks, a fake lip ring, and shoes he grabs a bottle of red hair spray. He wraps a towel around his neck and over his ears before spraying his hair with the red spray, trying his best to avoid his face and eyes. Then he throws his towel in the hamper and popping in some ear rings through the holes in his ear lobes. Then he packs some clothes from tomorrow along with some pajama bottoms and a bathing suit. Dan was so busy packing he doesn't notice when his crown falls into his bag. He puts all of his clothes and other essentials in a small suit case before going to the front of the castle where his motor cycle is parked. He puts his suitcase in the side compartment where a person is supposed to go, but his bag is taking up that space, although it has enough space for another bag that he didn't plan on telling his mum about.

Dan swings his leg over to the other side of his bike and puts up the kick stand. He turns his key in the ignition and twists the grip on the handle, making the engine roar with life. After smiling confidently to himself he speeds off down the castle driveway, towards the village and towards Phil's house.

Once he arrives at the household of the Lester's he parks his bike and knocks on the door, hoping Phil will answer because this would be one awkward story to explain to his parents. He didn't tell Phil he was coming, since he wanted to surprise him. The knob twists and thankfully Phil was the one who answered. "Um, hi." Phil says a little unsure if what's going on and not quite sure who's at his door.

"Hi." Once Phil hears Dan's voice he knows who it is.

"Hi Dan, what brings you here? In the day light? Looking like a punk?" Phil can't help but giggle and it attracts looks from the people passing by. Wondering why the happy and kind Phil Lester is talking to a dark and dreary punk.

"I was wondering if you'd like to go into the city with me? On a date?" Dan asks, scratching the back of his neck awkwardly. They had been on little small gatherings here and there but none of them where really good enough to be labeled as a real date. Dan's eyes meet the shining blue ones of Phil's and he's immediately filled with confidence and stand up straighter, keeping his hand on the back of his neck.

"I'd love to. I'll have to ask my parents though. They might ask to meet you. Do you have a voice disguise?" Dan nods.

"This seem good?" He lowers his voice making it sound as if though he went though puberty all over again.