Chapter 1 Bed time

In a small house near a town called Teufort lived a family of 5, counting the pet bird of course, where the snow was just starting to fall and the windows were covered in a frosty design.
All were happy and everyone was just heading off to bed. "Alright you kids, time for bed. You know how your father would get angry if you both were still awake at this time of night." "But we don't wanna!" Now your kids weren't the most polite children, but you always knew how to get them to calm down and get them into bed. "Alright then you guys don't get to hear the most amazing story I was gonna tell you but, you know, I guess- "Okay we'll listen."
As you tucked them in, your youngest child began to ask what story you would tell them, hoping that you would read The cat in the hat considering how they were both holding it in their arms with excitement, jumping up and down a bit.
Now it seemed like your oldest child had thought of something else, he had stopped and stared off into the distance. "Hey buddy, you ok?" You had asked. "Um, you know how you always say that daddy was a weird guy when you first met? Well...what was he like before you got together?" "Heh, what made you think of that Hun?"
You never really liked talking about their dads past because frankly you didn't want them to know what he did and still does for a living. You feared that they would be afraid of him and might not see that he would never do anything to hurt his friends and family. "I dunno, you just...never wanna talk about what he does as a job or how you guys met." You could hear the sadness in their voices. You thought to yourself- They're getting old enough to know right? I mean, 8 and 10 year olds are old enough to know about their fathers past right? Well, it's really not his "past" considering he still does his job that he did before we met and I don't even know how they're gonna react to that- "Hello? Um, are you gonna tell us about daddy?"
You stood up and put both of your fists on your waist and made a heroic pose. "Yes my dear children, yes I am." They both giggled in excitement and waited to hear what their mother was about to tell them.