Chapter 9 Messing around

"Why should I be the one to wake her up, why can't you?" "Because Spy, Soldier sure as hell ain't gonna do it because he would just be screamin' in her face, and no one else wants to seem rude." You were asleep in your room, not aware that Medic had planned a physical for you today since you were going to be working with him. Not sure why since you were only going to be an assist. "You know I don't normally do things for the other guys but you Engie, I can make an exception." You had slept in for a bit because you had stayed up thinking about the possibilities of you and him together and how everyone would be jealous of you because of your handsome husband. How you two would go off together in a castle with a butler named Steve like in a fairytale, Cinderella maybe. Wait what were you thinking, he's probably already married and whatnot.
Knock knock
"Wakey-wakey Madame, nap time is over. Get up." You were still laying down on your queen-sized bed facing the wall, Spy had let himself in and you didn't really care. You were too tired to get up to open the door.
"Look if nothing important is happening I don't wanna."
"Only if you count Medic as something not important."
You could practically hear the grin in his voice when he said that. You slowly turned in his direction still snuggled up in your blanket and saw his arms crossed and an evil grin on his face. He slowly nodded raising an eyebrow, kind of like he was saying "yeah that got your attention didn't it." 
"Alright, alright what is it..."
"He wants you to come to his infirmary so you two can talk about when you're going to get married."
"SPY!"
"Ahaha, you make it too easy! Why do you like him anyway, is it because he is smart or you just have a thing for doctors.
"Look spy this is not something I want to talk about with you...and no, I don't have a thing for doctors. I don't even like him like that."
"Of course."
"I don't Spy; I don't know what you're getting at..."
"Oh don't act like you don't like him, you practically stare at him. There is no need to lie."
"I don't stare at him! I just look to him for guidance. After all he did kind of save me from when I fainted."
"Oh yes, and what guidance did you find in staring at his face for 3 minutes when we were all sitting at the table before you left?"
That had stopped you. Spy already knew you liked him, and he was right, there was no need to lie. It was just so embarrassing to tell someone and it made you feel like you were back in middle school, when people teased you for liking a guy. You knew he would just keep messing with you if you kept denying it. Then you hatched a brilliant idea...
"How would you know that I was staring at him for that long if you weren't staring at me too?"
He looked at you in a "You caught me way" and then stared at his shoes for a little. Then he looked back up at you and straightened his back and puffed out his chest.
"Look I know what you're saying and it's not true. I don't have time for this, Medic wants you in his infirmary so he can do a physical."
As he was leaving your room you had a smirk on your face, knowing that you had given him a taste of his own medicine. He had turned around one last time to say something, lifting a finger in the process but you just gave him your best smile and you winked at him. You have never seen someone leave as quickly as he did.
"Well, time to go see my Medic!"
You hopped off of your bed, still in your pajamas and headed to the infirmary.