Chapter 6: Seven, Eight, You're Too Late.

~~~~~

A/N Thanks again for reading, guys! Remember to vote and comment! (: Special thanks to my brother, Benjamin, for the help with this chapter.
Enjoy!
//Update: Note that I changed the story cover! Hope you guys like it (:

                               ~~~~~

"Ugh," Ember groaned, "We already knew most of the information."
"Except for the wanting-to-major-in-banking thing." Conor said.

"But that's normal. Almost everyone wants to major in banking."
"Wait, wait..," Conor thought for awhile before saying, "Geraldine said that their parents recently passed away and had decided to leave the inheritance to, Derald, the boy in the family."

"So it could have been her......"
"If she was jealous, yes, but what about the other murders?"
"What if she actually decided to take advantage of the situation to kill her brother and blame it on the..."

"Oh, my God, would someone be so evil to do that?"
"I don't know..."

                               ~~~~~

Ember and Jaclyn were walking down the street. They had just been released from school and were walking home.

Police and ambulance sirens filled the air and the girls turned to see a police car and an ambulance rushing down the roads towards the houses.

"What the hell?" Ember looked at the police cars in shock.
"I hope that no one was injured...," Jaclyn winced heavily with her light blue eyes.
"Do you know anyone with a cream colored wall and crimson red roof house, and who has a pet dog which looks like a...um...schnauzer?"
"Um, I have a schnauzer... Remember Ness?"
"Yeah, she's really cute. Now that I think of it that dog right there looks really like her."
"Which dog?"
Ember pointed to a house across the road which was apparently where the police and ambulance went to.

"Oh, my God."
"Hm?"
"That....is MY HOUSE!"
"No wonder it looked so familiar."
"HURRY UP!" Jaclyn said before running to the house.
Ember followed her hurriedly and tried to keep up with her. Upon reaching the house, they looked to see a couple of police officers cordoning off that area with tape.

Jaclyn, after recovering from the shock, ducked below the tape, pass the officers, and almost made it into the house when one of the officer noticed her and went to grab ahold of her.

"LET GO OF ME!" Jaclyn shouted to the officer while using her fists to hit him. "Let go of me!" She said as she started slowing down her hitting. "Let go," she whispered before giving up completely. The officer let go of her and she went to kneel on the floor and started crying. He gave Ember a nod filled with pity and went back to the scene.

                               ~~~~~

Jaclyn was crying. Ember gave her a box of tissue. Jaclyn grabbed a handful and choked on her tears while wiping them off her face.
"Is there any news yet?"
They were at Ember's house with their mothers.
"Not yet."

Suddenly, the telephone rang and Ember's mother picked it up.
"Hello?"
After awhile, she nodded and handed the phone to Jaclyn's mother. Jaclyn's mother accepted the phone hurriedly and went to listen to the speaker on the other line. Her face turned pale as she put down the phone with a blank face.
"What happened?"
"S...she's d...dead."

                               ~~~~~