Chapter 13: Déjà vu

A/N: THANK YOU SO MUCH READERS OF THE ASHES WITHIN FOR 1.01K (now 1.03K) READS. THAT IS ONE THOUSAND AND TEN READS!! :DDD I started writing this story on 28/9 and it's been almost an entire year! xDD Thank you all of you once again!!! ((:

//

"Gonna be late, gonna be late, gonna be late," Ember murmured to herself, rushing to her classroom.

Ember walked through the doorway and saw Mrs Lawrence notice her and turn to stare. "Late again, Ms Harlyn?"
Ember groaned, this was turning into a routine. She looked at her sheepishly and muttered a "sorry".

Ember ducked her head and rushed to her seat. Then, she felt a vibration coming from the right of her hoodie's jacket. She casually reach into her bag, only to pull out her phone when Mrs Lawrence faced her back to the class and carried on teaching.

She hurriedly slide the unlock on her phone. Using 3 tries to type her password with her shaky hands. She looked up to check if the teacher was still talking and satisfied, looked back at her phone.
I wouldn't condone this behaviour on a daily basis.
she thought to herself, shaking her head.

Conor had told her that he would message her when to leave the classroom as he "had gotten more information" or at least knew where to get more. It sounded really suspicious to Ember.

Okay, then..
She opened the most recent text she had received. Her heart rate increasing when she saw who it was from. Breathe in, breathe out.

UNKNOWN NUMBER
<ADV>Over 90 1-for-1 drinking treats at Grape Garden, JKL Restaurant & more! Details@ GG.com/1for1.
08.14am

Ember stared at the text for a long minute. Her emotions changed from shock to confusion then suddenly she started laughing at how it was just a random advertisement that got her so freaked out.

"Harlyn."

Ember's eyes widened. Oh crap. She looked up dusting off her pants even though she knew it was perfectly clean. "Yes?" She said, far too casually. Adding the right amount of innocence and confusion. She slid her phone into her back pocket, swiftly. The teacher's eyes narrowed.

"I asked if you were okay."
Ember looked at her questioningly, "I feel...fine."

"You looked like you were going to explode into hysterics back there. Would you mind telling us what's so funny about your crotch?" She asked, sarcastically.

"I was laughing at how mine didn't have a stick in it unlike yours," Ember retorted. Shots fired.

"Oh, look a cat!!" Terence suddenly shouts and frantically pointed behind the teacher. Mrs Lawrence features turned from sarcastic to utterly horrified.
"WHERE?" She screamed the word, her face pale, scrambling away from where Terence had pointed.

Terence gave a nod to Ember, seriously, before pointing to the teacher's desk and saying, "There! There!"
Ember used that distraction to run out of the classroom through the backdoor.

Her phone was getting bombarded with messages while Ember checked to see if the coast was clear. She made sure she was far enough from the classroom.

Ember heaved a sigh of relief and took out her phone.

Conor
Come behind the classrooms at Gate E
08.19am

After keeping her phone, Ember quickly trod towards the school basketball court.

Reaching the dark blue basketball court, Ember's pace slowed down as she looked around searching for Conor. The sun was hidden behind the clouds making it look like it was going to start raining anytime. However, shadows were still casted.

As she was admiring the cool scenery, Ember suddenly saw a dark shadow pass by her swiftly. Her heart beat quickened. What the hell?

"Um, hell-" Ember managed to get out before she felt a cold, hard hand covering her mouth, cutting off the 'o' in 'hello' and preventing her from completing the word.

Ember tried to struggle against the strong arms but they were holding her far too tightly to allow her to escape.

Ember was pulled into a bush. As the last of the very little sunlight was cut off, she hoped that she had not been dragged into something terrible again. She felt a strong Déjà vu to what was happening although she wouldn't-couldn't remember why...