Chapter 9: Mirror Mirror Filled With Blood

"True, true..."
"What do you think about that?"

Ember turned her head before seeing Alice walking towards Conor and herself.

"Sup, can I sit with you guys?"
"Um," Ember said exchanging a look with Conor and then looking around awkwardly at the two-seated table. "Sure?"

"Thanks," Alice said before pulling out a chair from another table and sitting down. After a moment of silence with Alice chewing slowly on her hamburger,

"Hey, I'm Conor. What's your name?" Conor said holding out a hand for her to shake.

"I'm Alice," Alice said accepting the shake.
Zhipeng then came and pulled another chair to the table before sitting down.

"What the...?" Ember started.
"Hey," Zhipeng said.
"Hi," Alice said, and continued eating.
"Hamburger... Amburger, that shall be your nickname," Zhipeng commented.

"It doesn't even match her name. That's just retarded," Ember said.
"Like him," Alice countered. "Zhitart. Zhipeng plus retard. The tart is like the word in egg tart."

The group of friends laughed.

The mid-year examinations were coming and so Ember and the others were busy studying all night long. Still no news were heard from Slither.

The examination started. Ember was stuck at a question. She looked at Alice, who was concentrating on completing her paper quickly, she loathed her because of how much a rebel she was and how she doesn't follow the rules.

For one crazy second, Ember thought that Alice could be Slither. It's kind of suspicious, isn't it? Some random girl just joining our school at this time of a year.

After all, Alice also tried to put down a very valid point, that Ember made, of the killer maybe being a girl in class a few minutes ago.

Nahh, that isn't possible. The killer can't be a kid. But what if, it was someone from this school? It's not as if this town we're in is very big anyways. There's like only three schools here. The killer may be adult though. But there aren't really that much adults here. Since all the kills has been in this town I don't think that the killer would be out of this town...

"Em!"
"Hi," Ember said to Alice who was walking toward her.
"Just wanted to tell you, my dad worked on a homicidal case like the one you're trying to figure out. Soo if you want his help?" Alice suggested.

"Yeah, sure!" Conor, who overheard the conversation, said from behind. "And you can join the investigation too if you want."

"I prefer to work alone," Alice said as Ember shot Conor a look.

"Yeah, sure, we totally understand," Ember said.

"Aw, come on...," Conor said. "Please, we would need your help-"

There was a loud thump and a sound of papers scattering. A girl's scream was heard.

"Holy sh-?"

"C'mon let's go and see!" Alice said.

The trio went to the commotion where a crowd was brewing.

When they had reached, they saw that the crowd surrounded the girl's toilet. Ember pushed her way through the crowd. A teacher was comforting a girl who was crying. That must be the girl who screamed. As she was pushing through the crowd, a nasty look was casted to her. Finally, she managed to get to the front of the crowd.

She caught a glimpse of the bloody writing on the mirror and gasped.

She understood everything.