Chapter 8: Adele-Wanna-Be.

A/N: Hope y'all are enjoying the story! Please vote and comment. Follow me for updates @ValkyrieVioletta on Wattpad and @valkyrie_violetta on Instagram. Enjoyyyyy~!

"Hey," Jaclyn said to Ember.
"Um, hi?" Ember replied, questioningly. It's been two weeks since the death of Jaclyn's sister and it's the first time Jaclyn had talk to her in that duration.

Fortunately, the 'serial killer' who had been give the name 'Slither The Slitter', which would have been comical if not for this guy slithering around slitting people's throats, had been not been in any action for the past two weeks.

"Yeah... Sorry that I've not spoken to you in these last few days...," Jaclyn said, wincing."I was just like..."
"It's okay."
"Anyways, I saw Conor just now and he told me to ask you to check your phone," Jaclyn said, smiling. "Okies, talk to you later."
"Sure."

Ember felt the back pocket of her jeans which contained her iPhone 4s before pulling it out gingerly and switching it on. She slide across the phone to unlock it and typed in her 7-digits password. Then, she opened Whatsapp.

Ember's phone

Conor
Hey, wassup? Meet me @ the cafe during lunch ltr, ok?
07.25am

Ember typed, her fingers dancing across the keyboard.

Ember
Yes, sure.
07.45am

Ember scrolled through the rest of her messages. They were mostly unimportant messages from her group chats or some of her friends private messaging her to tell her something. She typed quick replies to those messages and continued scrolling before one caught her eye.

UNKNOWN NUMBER
Hello, it's me.
12.00am

Ember's eyes narrowed and flickered to the word 'block contact' found at the top of the chat.

This contact has not been saved.
Block contact Add contact Cancel

Maybe it's someone trying to play a prank on me or something
Thought Ember.

Ember
I've been wondering after all these years if you'd like to meet?
07:56am

Almost immediately after that, Ember's phone pinged.

UNKNOWN NUMBER
To go over, everything.
07:56am

Ember looked at the phone. Are we seriously just gonna type and send lyrics or what? After awhile she decided to ask who that person is.

Ember
May I ask who you are??
07:57am

The school bell started blasting loudly.
Aw, crap, I'm gonna be late again..
Ember checked that her phone was on silent mode before locking it quickly and putting it back into her pocket. She then ran to her classroom and entered quickly trying not to be caught.

Thankfully, the teacher was late...
That's unfair though. We don't even complain if she is late... Oh, well.
Mathematics class went by quickly and then came chemistry.

"Class, starting from today, chemistry work would be done in pairs and the pair would be graded the same."
The class was filled with loud chatters.
I literally don't even know anyone in this class. Or at least any decent person...

"Hello."
Ember turned behind to see a brunette-haired guy.
"Hi," Ember said hesitantly, raising an eyebrow.
"Do you want to be my lab partner?" He said, smiling lightly.
"Yeah, okay, why not?" Ember said."I'm Ember."
"Nice name. I'm Jake."
"Cool."
"Class, sit down by the table with your partner. Those who do not have a partner, please come to me and I'll get you sorted out," Ms Lim, the chemistry teacher, said.
"Okay. So today we are going to be finding out..."
~
With her long dark golden brown hair tied up in a ponytail, she entered the classroom with a straight face and had on a pair of purple glasses. She was wearing a purple shirt with some lightly-washed jeans and a pair of black sneakers. She went to sit beside a guy in the class named Zhipeng. Who is she and WHYYY did she choose a seat beside a retard?
(Sorry Zhipeng xDD)

"Settle down. Today we have a new student. She's a transfer student and her name is Alice." Mr Gary, the English and form teacher said.
Murmurs immediately filled the class. Transfer student? We don't have much of those here... After all this is just some forsaken town...

"Quieten down, guys. I said QUIETEN DOWN."
The class gradually quieten.
"Okay. Today we're doing essays..."
Ember grimaced as she watched as Alice listened to what the teacher was saying and every once in awhile turn to the person beside her and talk.
Weirdoo...
~
At lunch

"Hey."
"Hi."
Ember and Conor were at the counter getting some food. Ember took an apple before saying,
"So what did you want to talk to me about?"
"Who said I wanted to talk about anything?"
"Well, we always meet at the same place but only when you want to talk to me about something, you would ask me to meet at the cafe even though that's where we always meet."
"Wow."
"Anyways, what's it?"

Ember and Conor sat down facing each other at the couples' table. Even though they weren't a couple, almost everyone ships them and think they should date. They actually did, once, but they thought that remaining friends would be better since they aren't in any way romantically connected.

"Okay, so, you know Jaclyn's sister? Have you noticed how she isn't the same age as the rest of them? In fact, she is older than them."