Chapter 12: Confusion

A/N: ^listen to the song while reading please.

//

Ember strolled into the classroom and sat at her usual seat just before the bell rang.
Conor entered then and without much thought looked at her direction before realising whom he had seen.

"Ember?" He blinked, looking at her in disbelief. "What... happened to you?"
She turned to him, "Should something have happened to me?" She raised her eyebrows.
"Er, no. But, you were gone for the first half of the day!" Conor said, in exasperation.
"I was sick," Ember replied, matter-of-fact-ly.
"You left me a voicemail??"
He took out his phone and played it.
"Hey Conor, I've gone to look for Slither. Or a person who I think is him. I think I'd be able to obtain tons of info on this one. Don't go looking for me."

"I don't... remember... sending... that?" Ember said looking genuinely puzzled.
"It's your freaking voice-!" Conor said.
"In fact, I don't think I've remembered much of today," Ember interrupted, ignoring what Conor had said. "I basically woke up, ate breakfast, fell sick?, I think my mum allowed me to stay at home but then I decided to come after first-half."
"We thought... Slither got you," Conor winced.
"Why would you think-" Ember started saying before she realised it was a stupid question. "Oh, the voicemail... But it's not like that would actually happen, right?"
Conor shook his head in disbelief, before shrugging while saying "I don't know what to think anymore."

//

"Ember," Jacyln said before walking towards her and grabbing her into a huge bear hug. "You scared us near to death."
"Yo, welcome back," Alice said, causally, walking towards them. "That male dude almost killed me while he was stressing about you."
"I know, right?" Zhipeng commented, jointing the trio.
"I'm right here, people...," Conor informed them, appearing from behind Ember, completing the gang.

"We can see that."

The five of them walked to the canteen before grabbing their trays and food.

"Oh, my God," Jacyln exclaimed, "Alice, your freaking new story is awesome!"
"Oh, you mean 'World without Strangers'?"
"Yes, it's amazing."
"What are y'all talking about?" Conor asked curiously and Zhipeng shared the same look.
"Wattpad," The both of them replied, then laughed.

//

UNKNOWN NUMBER
They say time's supposed to heal us but I ain't done healing.
12.00am

Ember looked at her phone puzzled. What does that person mean? Other then that being part of a song lyrics.

Ember
?
12.03am

UNKNOWN NUMBER
How was your stay at home today?
12.04am

//

A/N: Hi Guysss! Thank you all, I wouldn't have gotten this far without you guys. (:
I wanna know who are reading my story, please do comment and give me a short intro about yourself if you want to ^^.
Please do comment though, even if you don't want to comment any details about yourself because I still would want to know who is actually reading this xD. Just a nice boost to my self esteem.