Chapter 7: Related Murders?

~~~~~

A/N: With help from this for the funeral descriptions https://www.booksie.com/posting/meglou/funeral-short-story-119086#XihuAQ3aAJ5jfHIM.99
Enjoy! <3

                               ~~~~~

There was a funeral for Jaclyn's sister.
A tear rolls itself from Jaclyn's eye, overflows and drips down her damp cheek, falls to the ground. The look in her exhausted eyes could break anyone's heart.

She cries silently, her eyes puffy and red. It's the kind of cry only seen at funerals, only felt at funerals. The kind where the tears aren't alive, but lifeless, and the death of the loved one seems surreal.

Ember sat with Conor at the back where friends of the relatives of the dead sat. She wore a black dress with a black sweater over it. Her brunette hair was tied up in a bun.

"Hey, are you okay?" Conor asked with a look of concerned causing his eyes to furrow.
"Yeah... Just thinking about what's happened," Ember said, shrugging.
"Well, not surprising. It was kinda sudden."
"No kidding."
~
After a few days, the funeral finally came to an end and the body was buried.
~
At the school hall...
Ember sighed looking up from her phone.

"Hi?"
"You've to see this," Conor said before pulling Ember into the school library.
"Stop dragging me. I can walk by myself!" Ember said as Conor came to a stop. She then dusted off her lightly-washed jeans with her hands and stand with hands on hips.

"Yes?"
"Look at this," Conor said and pointed to the shelf rack filled with magazines and newspapers.

Ember went to pick up the newspaper dating today's date and looked at the headline.

Girl found in house brutally murdered suspected to be related to recent cases of murders.

"That's Jaclyn's sister, right?"
"Yes."
"So they've finally found something to prove the murders are related. So this is some kinda serial killer thing?"
"Probably. But the thing is why does the person want to kill them?"
~
At Jaclyn's house...
"You guys are first-hand witnesses now," Conor said to Jaclyn's mum (a.k.a Karen) and Jaclyn.
"Thank you once again for agreeing to this."
"Let's start from the beginning."
~
Jaclyn's sister's information key points
•Was 18
•Planned on majoring in mathematics and was really good at it
•Was in Frolocks High School
•Was at home alone but with Ness at the time of the murder
•Karen was the one who discovered the body
~
"Ugh, what a mess." The killer said. Taking out a cloth from his pocket, he wiped his bloodied hands on it and exited the room.

He studied the dog who appeared very quiet as to compare to when he was slicing open the girl's neck. Dog such a weird word to name this creature. Looking at it questionably, he gave it one last look and left the house.