Chapter 1- Memory

"This one!" I saw the lady look at me. Wait me!? She was choosing me?!! I'm never adopted, this can't be happening!

Hi sweetie I'm gonna be your new mom ok? I started grinning at the beautiful, slim lady with the sweet voice "ok!" I was suddenly swallowed in her hug leaning my cheek against her chest closing my eyes not wanting to end the moment.

She really liked her new mom, they were rich now, she had a huge house and a huge room. What more could a little girl ever want? My cheeks started to get sore from smiling as I layed on my bed and I signed finally getting away from the horrible orphanage. My mom gave me a new gold iPhone when we got home and I was so happy.

That happed years ago. I was 7 then, now I'm 18 believe it or not.

~~~End of dream~~~

I gasped waking from the dream. Suddenly a smile creeper on my face. I loved when I dreamed the dream, I love my mom, she's so perfect. It was summer vacation but unlike most kids I hopped out of bed.

After showering and changing into ripped pants, a tee shirt, a beanie, a flannel, and converse, I grabbed my phone and shoved one ear bud into my ear and played 5sos music humming along.

"You call me up,

It's like a broken record,

Saying that your heart hurts,

But you never get over him getting

Over you, and you end up

Crying, and I end up lying,

Cause I'm just a sucker for anything

That you do, and when the phone

Call finally ends, you say thanks for

Being a friend, and I'm stuck in the

Friend zone again and again, I

Dedicate this song to you the one who

Never sees the truth, that I can take

Away your heart, heartbreak girl..."

My beautiful singing suddenly got interrupted, "JILL IM HOME!" I rushed out of my room and yelled "MOM!" my mom had been gone at work for 3 days now and I just missed her.

"Jill, we need to talk."

"What is it?" I sit on the couch by my mom.

"I'm going to be with my friends for a few months away traveling."

"What! Mom but months!? I can't let you leave that long!" I wailed.

"That's shy you're coming with me!" she grew a big grin.

"YES..THANK YOU!!" I've always wanted to meet my mom's friends, but she always kept it private. I rushed up stairs and packed, I mean, we were leaving in 2 days!

---At the airport---

We just landed and I do NOT want to move! I'm so excited/tired. We walked of the airplane with bags and suitcases. As I stepped off I practically begged my mom for food, "Please mom..I'm starving!"

"Fine, when we get to the hotel in the room by my friends."

"What! Mom!"

"It's not far, besides they're having someone pick us up."

I groan and sit on the bench outside texting my friend. Suddenly a black SUV pulls up, "this is our ride c'mon!"

"Ya ya coming mom." I roll my eyes as a man steps out and puts out bags in the back. I realize he has a black shirt on that says SECURITY. I shrugged it off and hopped in the car.

We arrived at the hotel and I gaped at how nice and fancy it was. The man handed us our stuff and I snapped out of my gaze and took it.

"We're staying here?!"

"Mhm." my mom was glancing at her phone.

"And your 'friends' are paying for it?"

"Yes, and they aren't necessarily my friends more like my friends kids."

"Ya, I know, you just spend time with them and their mom's a lot?"

"Never mind that, c'mom."