Part seven

PJ P.O.V. 

Sometimes I'd mess around with the effect I could have on people. It depended on who it was, how they acted around me and how much fun I predicted I could have. It had been a while since I last played around which was probably a good thing for everyone I knew, but then I saw Dan. 

I'll admit that when I first got there I was nervous and regretted picking a shirt over my baggiest jumper, but his laugh, a cup of tea and not doing anything particularly exciting made me relax and I became myself again. 

Dan seemed to be anyone but himself and as I walked home in the rain, I let it all replay in my head. He was jumpy but I don't think he ever took his eyes off me when we were talking and a dark shade of pink stained his cheeks the whole time I was there. 

I learned that eye contact made him freeze and forget how to breathe momentarily, but when I picked up on it, I locked my eyes with his as often as I could without it being weird, and I got fuzzy warm feeling when I remembered how he flushed even deeper and tripped over his words when I brought him back down to earth with a question. 

The best part was when I made up a story so I could touch his arm and had to hold back a laugh when his eyes widened and he sharply inhaled, lust leaving his eyes as quick as it entered, being replaced with guilt but tinted with longing. 

"So, yeah, that's what happened, I think I might make a video on it one day," I told Dan when I removed my hand from him, unable to stop smirking as he stared at me with his mouth agape. 

"Y-yeah, that w-would be great, everything you do is great, wait, I-I mean..." 

"Thanks," I said, flashing him a smile so he wouldn't dig himself further into the hole he was beginning to create. "Anyway, I should go, I want to be there when Chris gets back," I watched his face as it fell to a disappointed expression but he smiled weakly at me anyway. 

Can you trick someone into falling in love with you? 

I was going to give it a shot anyway, because whether not it was possible, it was fun to mess around with people's heads. But there was only thing on my mind: payback.