Part twelve

Phil P.O.V.

"Thanks, keep the change!" I said cheerily to the taxi who grumbled something of a thanks and me and Dan got out the taxi and walked the entrance of the block of apartments we lived in. 

We didn't say anything except when we questioned who had the keys, but after we got in the apartment, Dan sauntered off into his room without a word or backwards glance. I changed out of what I was wearing and into clothes to sleep in before knocking on Dan's door softly. 

"Dan?" I heard a mumble and opened the door to see him curled on his side with his back facing me. I knelt down by the side he was facing and placed my hands on his that were covering his face. "What's wrong?" 

"It doesn't matter, I just have a headache," he replied, but resisted when I tried to pull his hands away. 

"Dan, are you- are you crying?" He shook his head quickly. 

"It just hurts." 

"Do you want me to get you some painkillers?" 

"Please." 

"You should probably change out of those clothes and put something comfy on," I ran my hair through his hair and sighed, before getting up and going into the kitchen. I could tell that something was upsetting him, but the last time I tried to get something out of him it turned into a petty argument, and we could do without anymore. 

There had been times where I seriously thought he was going to end it, and when that thought arose I just stopped fighting and listened to him shout back at me. I had to bite my tongue a couple of times to stop myself retaliating because risking a couple of words that could lose all the years we had been through together wasn't worth it. 

I switched on the kettle and scrolled through my Twitter as I waited, putting my phone on the side when a pair of arms secured themselves around my waist. 

"I'm sorry for being so horrible, I shouldn't ignore you like that," I heard Dan murmur close to my ear. 

"It's okay," I shrugged, putting my arms on top of his so he would stay there a while. He started to hum a song and began to sway us side to side slowly. It was things like this that kept us together, the little moments of love just reminded us of why we were still here. 

Dan started singing and I chuckled at his deep voice that probably wasn't suitable for the song, but my heart melted anyway. 

"Forever is a long, long time, 
But 
I wouldn't mind spending it by your side.
Tell me everyday I get to wake up to that smile,
I wouldn't mind it at all,
I wouldn't mind it at all."

A/N: Lyric credit goes to He Is We, song in side :)