Chapter 13: Betrayed

Harrys POV

I paced and paced and paced. I could see the wear in the floor. I looked at the door, kicked the door, and kept walking. I heard the door open and I turned quickly, to see a tall long legged girl walk through the door. It wasn't Eva so I kept pacing. I heard Kade run down the stairs and grab the brunette into a massive hug. Oh I wish Eva hugged me like that... I think I love her.. I know she is mine, but I didn't really ask her.. She came to me.. And that's not alright with me. Every girl deserves to be asked. So I will. As soon as she comes back.

It had started to pour down Rain and all I could do was stare at the door and pray for her return.

"Hey harry, i want you to meet my girlfriend, Brittany. She used to be like sisters with Eva. I figured that of anyone would know where to find her, it would be Brittany." Kade said breaking me out of my deadly sad thoughts.

"Hello, I'm Brittany. But you can call me Britt. I am actually going to head out and find that little bitch.. Causing me to get stressed. Ugh!" She said playfully. You could hear the love in her voice. She really cares for Eva.

"Thank you Britt." I said brokenly falling over onto the couch wishing she would just come home.

Charlie came down and joined us, and we all played cards. Poker and even a round of go fish. Charlie has a good poker face but Kade knows how to play his hand. Me, I wasn't really focused too much on the game. My mind was wandering, the storm raging on outside the door. I was safe inside but Eva and Britt were outside in the terrible storm. All of a sudden the door burst open to reveal Britt holding a broken battered body in her arms. The girl hanging limply the rain having soaked her through and through. Britt stepped inside and the lightning flashed from behind. Her voice was grave and sad.

"Guys we have a problem." She said. Uh oh.

I got up and looked at the girl that was laying on the couch. She was sickly pale and slightly bruised. I studied her face...

It wasn't Eva.

"Britt who is this?" I asked not really wanting to know..

"That. That. She.. Um... She's..." Britt said...

"Oh god." Kade said

"It can't be." Charlie said.

"It is." Britt said, her eyes wide.

"What!? What am I missing?" I yelled the sound echoing off the high gray walls.

"That. That's Eva's sister. They have a long terrible history. Eva said that if a problem ever arises, go to her sister. She would know what to do."

"Ok. So.. Where's Eva?" I ask.

"That's the problem." Britt says shaking her head. "Her sister died 2 years ago. I went to where Eva always hid and there was a note and her sister passed out on the ground."

"What did the note say?" Kade asked, voicing me and Charlie's thoughts.

"It said,

Dear Britt,

I need to do this. I belong here. Tell harry I'm sorry, I will be back soon. I was betrayed by my mother and I wi not let it slide. She will pay. Don't try to stop me, I have my sniper riffle and my pistols. I will harm anyone who gets in my way.

My sister knows the truth. The truth is physical not mental. Solve this, and you might be able to stop this.

~Eva." Britt read.

We all sat in silence for a few moments, then we heard a groan and watched as the sleeping girl awoke, ready to tell us all her secrets.. We hope.

"Where am I ... Kade? Charlie? Britt? What's going o---... Eva.. She did this. We have to find her!" The mystery girl screamed. She was Shaken but she was not stupid, and or not alert. She seemed as if she was always aware of the situation.

"Shaun. Thanks for joining us." Charlie said.

"We need you to tell us everything you remember.. From today." Kade said getting right to the point. I can always count on him to have my back.

"I was being help captive by someone my mom paid for the past 2 years, my parents said my body was too mangled to have an open casket so they wouldn't have to come up with an actual body.

Anyway, Eva found me, I have no idea how, but we all know how Eva is when she's upset. There isn't a force strong enough to stop her. So, she broke me out, took me to where you found me Britt, and I remember a buzzing sound, and pain in my back, then I woke up here.." Shaun said looking us all in the eye at some point in the story.

"Ok. She left us a note, she said you hold the answer but it's physical not mental... What does that mean?" Kade asked. Everyone shook their heads, not knowing the answer.

"I know." I spoke up for the first time.

"Shaun... I need you to take off your shirt." I said again.

"Don't question it. And Kade I'm sorry but she needs to. Eva tattooed the answer into her. That's the only thing that makes sense. Pain, buzzing, physical not mental..." I trail off leaving it to them to mull over.

"Alright. As much as I hate to say it, lover boy is right. Shaun... Off with it." Kade said sadly..

Shaun lifted up her shirt and tossed it into the ground. She turned so everyone could see her back. There in the small of her back (her lower back), there was an emblem. It seemed familiar to me, but I didn't recognize it immediately. Next to it, were numbers. 8/3 then underneath that was the number 6. And that's all there was. It was a code/ riddle.. And I was going to crack it.

__________________________________________________________________

Haha Detective harry!!!!!

And hope you like your part Brittany!!!

Vote comment!

See y'all soon!!!