Ch. 23 (PG-13, D): Rights and Revelations

"Love in the Great Pine Woods", Ch. 23 (PG-13, D): Rights and Revelations,  February 22, 2016 by Gratiana Lovelace (Post #876)

[From time to time, I will illustrate my story characters with: Richard Armitage as Sam Wakeforest, Marcia Gay Harden as Sam's older sister Tessa Wakeforest Shoop Delaney, and Emily Deschanel as Tessa's sister-in-law Olivia Delaney Wakeforest, Viola Davis as Pauletta Perkins, Cicely Tyson as Nellie Newton, Anna Sophia Robb as Alice Trent, Kevin Spacey as Roger Delaney, Sam Heughan as Todd Wakeforest, Idris Elba as Dominic Perkins and others as noted.]

Authors Content Note: "Love in the Great Pine Woods" is a mature love story with dramatic themes of love and relationships. It will mostly be at the PG and PG-13 movie levels. Specific chapters or passages may have a further rating of: L for language, D for dramatic emotions, and S for sensual themes. And I will rate the chapters accordingly. If you are unable or unwilling to attend a movie with the ratings that I provide for a chapter, then please do not read that chapter. This is my disclaimer. And as is my habit, I will summarize the previous chapter's events at the beginning of the next chapter.

Authors Recap from the Previous Chapter: Though not the sole cause of his wife Olivia's abating difficulty in handling negative events, Sam Wakeforest discovers that Olivia's brother Roger Delaney was being both distressingly overprotective and secretive toward his sister and Sam's wife Olivia Delaney Wakeforest as she grew up—to the point of smothering her figuratively. And even while Valentine's Day present shopping with him for their wives, Sam senses his brother-in-law Roger's overbearing nature. So on their Valentine's Day overnight visit to his Wakeforest Famly Home, their home, Sam elects with Olivia's agreement to have he and Olivia permanently move to this home in the Town of Wakeforest this week. And Sam and Olivia also poach two Delaney Manor junior servants to join them in their new home—a cook and a maid-- which Tessa had not yet been apprised of. Then Sam discovers that his wife Olivia also has a most delightful secret—which she shares, that she is pregnant with their first child. But Olivia pleads with her husband Sam to keep it secret for now—until she is further along and they are certain that their baby will go full term. Sam and Olivia kiss tenderly and sweetly with this joyous news. Their lives and newlywed marriage are getting a fresh start--with Olivia being on the mend and healing nicely from her injury, and with her being pregnant with their first child.

But concern for two other children will finally come to the forefront as Tessa and Roger will have to formally resolve the futures of their foster children—fourteen year old Alice and her now twenty month old baby brother Bobby.

"Love in the Great Pine Woods", Ch. 23 (PG-13, D): Rights and Revelations

More than a week later on Monday February 22, 1956, the formidable force of nature and of humanity that is Tessa Wakeforest Shoop Delaney has resigned herself to losing both her best friend Olivia Delaney Wakeforest and an under cook and a housemaid to Olivia's new domicile with her husband that is the partially renovated Wakeforest Family Home. Tessa understood the sense of it—Olivia needing her own space away from her overprotective brother Roger Delaney, Tessa's husband. And with Olivia still recuperating from her Wakeforest Mountain avalanche injury and subsequent surgery to repair her injured left lower leg, she cannot do housework—so the cook and maid are needed.

Olivia [(2) right] sits at her ladylike cream colored antiqued secretary desk with shell and scroll detailing in her recently redecorated bright and spacious Wakeforest home living room this early afternoon after lunch.

The said man cave had once held a full bar with a beer tap at one end and a pool table at the other end. Yet now, scalloped edged light blue sateen drapes adorn the street side windows—leaving the windows at the back open to enjoy the spectacular view of Wakeforest Mountain. And light blue paisley and abstract patterned accent pillows on wing chairs and a leather couch with carved wood molding—the leather aspect being a nod to Sam's request for some manly element in the room—is elegant and comfortable. A coffered ceiling painted white—where rough and unfinished barn scavenged beams had striped their way across the full length of the front of the house to the back of the house living room---completes the living room's stylish transformation.