Ch. 31 (PG-13, D): Awkward and Tense Moments

"Love in the Great Pine Woods", Ch. 31 (PG-13, D): Awkward and Tense Moments, 
April 04, 2016 by Gratiana Lovelace  (Post #895)

(An original story copyrighted by Gratiana Lovelace; all rights reserved) [(1) story cover, left]

[From time to time, I will illustrate my story characters with: Richard Armitage as Sam Wakeforest, Marcia Gay Harden as Sam's older sister Tessa Wakeforest Shoop Delaney, and Emily Deschanel as Tessa's sister-in-law Olivia Delaney Wakeforest, Viola Davis as Pauletta Perkins, Cicely Tyson as Nellie Newton, Anna Sophia Robb as Alice Trent, Kevin Spacey as Roger Delaney, Sam Heughan as Todd Wakeforest, Idris Elba as Dominic Perkins, the late Polly Holliday as the Waitress Madge, Donald Sutherland as Aldus Warren, Teri Polo as Lillian Warren, and Ewan McGregor as David Warren, and others as noted.]

Author's Content Note: "Love in the Great Pine Woods" is a mature love story with dramatic themes of love and relationships. It will mostly be at the PG and PG-13 movie levels. Specific chapters or passages may have a further rating of: L for language, D for dramatic emotions, and S for sensual themes. And I will rate the chapters accordingly. If you are unable or unwilling to attend a movie with the ratings that I provide for a chapter, then please do not read that chapter. This is my disclaimer. And as is my habit, I will summarize the previous chapter's events at the beginning of the next chapter.

Author's Recap from the Previous Chapter: Sam Wakeforest learns that his and his wife Olivia's baby's room nursery designer is his former lover, Lola Campbell—now Lillian Campbell Warren. And in telling Olivia about Lillian/Lola—with his sister Tessa's help—Sam reveals that he would rather not have Lillian/Lola as their baby's nursery room designer. However, after giving her husband Sam a piece of her mind and then reconciling with him, Olivia hasn't decided yet about the choice before her—to keep Lillian as their baby's nursery room designer, or not.

"Love in the Great Pine Woods", Ch. 31 (PG-13, D): Awkward and Tense Moments

Later that Thursday night of May 5th, 1956 as Sam and Olivia Wakeforest lay in bed cuddling together after making love, they chat more about the situation—of having Sam's former lover Lillian/Lola Campbell Warren designing their baby's nursery room. Their discussions go back and forth through the next day on Friday, about whether to continue with Lillian/Lola as their designer, or not. Olivia's decision wavers back and forth, whereas Sam is firmly in the no camp.

So on Saturday morning, May 7th, Sam and Olivia elect to visit the two other furniture stores near at hand—one store in Wakeforest and then one store in Valley View--where the Warren's Furniture Store that Lillian and David Warren work at is also located—to see if they can find comparable furniture and design advice other than at the Warren's Furniture Store. After having mixed results in both cities, it is with great reluctance that Sam drives he and Olivia over to the Warren's Furniture Store after lunch in Valley View—though Sam doesn't plan on going into the store, to lessen the chance of running into either Lillian or David Warren.

Sam: "Are you sure you'll be okay in the furniture store by yourself, Olivia?" Sam asks worriedly. He doesn't want to go into Warren's Furniture Store, but he doesn't Olivia to be by herself should she need him, either.

Olivia: "Sam, I'll be fine." She swishes her hand with a smile. "But I really wish that you would change your mind and come with me. I told you that I called the store this morning. And they said that Lillian was not on the store's work schedule today."