Ch. 36 (PG-13): Festival & Fate, Part 1

"Love in the Great Pine Woods", Ch. 36 (PG-13): Festival & Fate, Part 1, May 16, 2016 by Gratiana Lovelace (Post #912)

(An original story copyrighted by Gratiana Lovelace; all rights reserved) [(1) story cover, left]

[From time to time, I will illustrate my story characters with: Richard Armitage as Sam Wakeforest, Marcia Gay Harden as Sam's older sister Tessa Wakeforest Shoop Delaney, and Emily Deschanel as Tessa's sister-in-law Olivia Delaney Wakeforest, Viola Davis as Pauletta Perkins, Cicely Tyson as Nellie Newton, Anna Sophia Robb as Alice Trent, Kevin Spacey as Roger Delaney, Sam Heughan as Todd Wakeforest, Idris Elba as Dominic Perkins, the late Polly Holliday as the Waitress Madge, Donald Sutherland as Aldus Warren, Teri Polo as Lillian Warren, and Ewan McGregor as David Warren, and others as noted.]

Author's Content Note: "Love in the Great Pine Woods" is a mature love story with dramatic themes of love and relationships. It will mostly be at the PG and PG-13 movie levels. Specific chapters or passages may have a further rating of: L for language, D for dramatic emotions, and S for sensual themes. And I will rate the chapters accordingly. If you are unable or unwilling to attend a movie with the ratings that I provide for a chapter, then please do not read that chapter. This is my disclaimer. And as is my habit, I will summarize the previous chapter's events at the beginning of the next chapter.

Author's Recap from the Previous Chapter: On Saturday, June 4th, 1956, Sam Wakeforest surprised his wife Olivia with a renovated fishing cabin on Hidden Lake—which is located well away from the heart of the Wakeforest Mountain, in order to ease her fears about returning to the mountain after her injuries and a vacationer's death in the avalanche last January. And they spent a lovely weekend enjoying their new retreat. However, the following Saturday, there will be something unexpected that begins to make itself known in their lives.

"Love in the Great Pine Woods", Ch. 36 (PG-13): Festival & Fate, Part 1

Sam and Olivia Wakeforest proudly walk hand in hand throughout the Wakeforest Summer Family and Flower Festival held at the Wakeforest County fairgrounds just outside of town this bright and sunny June 11th, 1956. There are carnival rides, booths by Wakeforest County businesses and locals with homemade crafts, food, and furniture to sell, the flower show—as well as, various fundraising booths for local charities such as the Wakeforest County Hospital, the Wakeforest County Orphanage, etc.

Sam and Olivia had already done their volunteer stint at the Wakeforest County Orphanage's fundraising booth in the morning—selling homemade kitchen linens, desserts, and such. So now in the early afternoon it is their turn to enjoy the festival. And Olivia makes a beeline to the baby wares booths clustered together—where all manner of handmade knitted and crocheted baby clothes, blankets, and other baby things await. Olivia is fully five months pregnant and into her sixth month. So her maternal hormones are kicking into overdrive—along with her baby kicking in her womb quite a bit.

Sam: "Olivia, please slow down. You need to pace yourself." Sam remarks in some concern as his very pregnant wife Olivia drags him to the festival booths selling baby stuff. "The baby booths aren't going anywhere." He teases.

Olivia: "Baby booths? You almost make it sound like they're selling babies. Ha ha ha!"

Sam: "You know what I mean, Olivia. Look at the piles and piles of baby stuff. They're not going to run out. But just remember, that whatever we buy we have to be able to carry it all home." He admonishes her gently.

[Olivia: "No, Sam. " Olivia smiles minxishly [(2) right] at her husband Sam. "You have to carry it all home." Sam grins, caught by his wife's knowing statement. "This is our first child. I want him or her to have wonderful things to make its life joyful!"]