Ch. 49 (PG-13): Epilogue

"Love in the Great Pine Woods", Ch. 49 (PG-13): Epilogue,  August 15, 2016 by Gratiana Lovelace  (Post #953)

[From time to time, I will illustrate my story characters with: Richard Armitage as Sam Wakeforest, Marcia Gay Harden as Sam's older sister Tessa Wakeforest Shoop Delaney, and Emily Deschanel as Tessa's sister-in-law Olivia Delaney Wakeforest, Viola Davis as Pauletta Perkins, Cicely Tyson as Nellie Newton, Anna Sophia Robb as Alice Trent, Kevin Spacey as Roger Delaney, Sam Heughan as Todd Wakeforest, Idris Elba as Dominic Perkins, the late Polly Holliday as the Waitress Madge, Donald Sutherland as Aldus Warren, Teri Polo as Lillian Warren, Ewan McGregor as David Warren, Noah Lomax as the 5 yrs old Daniel Wakeforest, Soleil Moon Frye as the 5 yrs old Ellie Wakeforest, a young Tom Cruise as Drew Wakeforest, Alexis Bledel as a 16 yr old Suzie Wakeforest, a 24 yr old Richard Armitage as twenty year old Daniel Wakeforest, Holliday Grainger as Brooke Carter Ph.D., and a 28 yr old Richard Armitage as a 25 year old Daniel, and others as noted.]

Author's Content Note: "Love in the Great Pine Woods" is a mature love story with dramatic themes of love and relationships. It will mostly be at the PG and PG-13 movie levels. Specific chapters or passages may have a further rating of: L for language, D for dramatic emotions, and S for sensual themes. And I will rate the chapters accordingly. If you are unable or unwilling to attend a movie with the ratings that I provide for a chapter, then please do not read that chapter. This is my disclaimer. And as is my habit, I will summarize the previous chapter's events at the beginning of the next chapter.

Author's Recap from the Previous Chapter: With Sam Wakeforest having a pacemaker put in and feeling that his mortality was looming in 1976 at 65 years old, he stated his intentions to turn over the reigns of Wakeforest Mountain conservancy and running the Wakeforest Family Lumber Mill to his eldest son Daniel who at twenty years old still had one year left of college. Daniel was studying forestry and conservation—and then he had a prestigious Fellowship lined up with the U.S. National Park Service in the Northern Midwest states that would allow him to keep an apartment in Wakeforest near home as his base. And other Wakeforest family members—such as Daniel's little sister Suzie—have career and romantic aspirations.

"Love in the Great Pine Woods", Ch. 49: Epilogue

Five years and four months later after their Wakeforest Family 4th of July 1976 Bicentennial Celebration, it is November 1981, the week of Thanksgiving. Much has changed and much has stayed the same for the Wakeforest family and the nation.

A former actor has become President of the United States—and though Sam had liked some of the President's movies, not all, Sam was charistically unmoved by the man's stirring public speaking abilities. Sam had voted for the peanut farmer physicist again. The Wakeforest Family is still headed by Sam Wakeforest—who finally allowed the National Park's system to name Wakeforest Mountain's old growth forest in the Great Pine Woods a National Treasure—a new designation that lets the Wakeforest family maintain ownership of the mountain. Sam Wakeforest is 71 and his wife Olivia is 61; their children are also grown and setting out carving their own lives in the twins Ellie and Daniel are 25, Josh is 23, and Suzie is 21 years old.

Yet, the essence of Wakeforest Mountain is preserved. It is still a thriving ecosystem, recreational destination, and source of carefully culled lumber for the Wakeforest Family Lumber Mill and extended family. And the large and many times extended Wakeforest-Delaney relations are still a large and loving family.

The college grad and new Wakeforest County Orphanage teacher Suzie Wakeforest at twenty-one is now happily being pursued by her unrelated by blood cousin, the now twenty seven year old Bobby Delaney--who is thinking about realigning his 9 year career and marriage plan to a five year plan. Bobb[y] joined his father Roger Delaney at the Wakeforest County Bank and has risen to the position of Asst. Vice President, under the mentorship of Vice President Dominic Perkins. Dominic's wife, Mrs. Pauletta Perkins, continues as the Wakeforest County Orphanage Administrator.