Chapter 22: You Used Me!

[Joey's POV]

Shane and I are talking about how fun it is to overpower the bullies that overpowered us. We felt so strong, which is a great feeling after years of being bullied, thrown in trashcans, yelled at for acting gay. I don't care anymore about rumours or bullies. If they can't handle my appearance, then that's their problem. Haters gonna hate.

Joey: "The past week was truly the best week of my whole life, thanks to you."

Shane: "Aw! I love you."

Joey: "Love you too." I smiled.

We walk home when Joey breaks the silence.

Joey: "I think I'm going to the gym. I'll see you tonight?"

Shane: "Sure. I don't really feel like going to the gym, so I'll just wait for you. Maybe prepare some chicken, if you want."

Joey: "I would love that! Hell yes." I wink. Shane's a really a caring person. The kind that cares more about others than himself. "You're too good for me."

Shane: "If making chicken makes sure you stay with me, then why not?" He smiles. I would never ever leave him, never.

[Shane's POV]

Joey kisses me goodbye and heads to the gym. His gym clothes are still at the gym, so he doesn't have to go home. I walk for about ten minutes and finally arrive. I'm planning on watching a movie or something and then later going to the supermarket to buy some food, but then I see someone standing at my door. I can't really see who it is. As I'm nearing, the person turns around. His brown hair and green-grey eyes are the first thing I see. Luke Conard.

Luke: "Hey Shane! I was hoping you'd be home."

Shane: "Oh hey Luke. Didn't expect you here?"

Luke: "Yeah. I just wanted to... hang out." I see that Luke was nervous. "Is Joey here?"

Shane: "No, he's at the gym. Let's go inside." I push the brown door open and walk to the living room. "Can I get you anything to drink? Or eat?"

Luke: "No, no I'm fine."

Shane: "Okay. Make yourself at home."

Luke sits on the couch waiting for me to join. Little bubbles of sweat pile up on his forehead. I can tell by the awkward tension in the air that he has something on his mind.

Shane: "You alright? You seem to be nervous?"

Luke: "Yeah... no.. I mean... I have something to tell.. ask you."

Shane: "Sure. Shoot."

Luke: "Something's been bothering me. You remember yesterday right?" I nod a little impatiently. I'm not up for a long conversation, so he better just gets to the point.

Luke: "Yeah, sure you do... That was stupid..." His face is glowing.

Shane: "Yeah, I remember yesterday. What about it?"

Luke: "The... truth or dare?"

Shane: "The dare where Whitney dared us to kiss each other? That's what you're talking about?"

Luke: "Yeah..." He starts rubbing his jeans, probably to wipe the sweat of his hands.

Shane: "And your point is?" This is really annoying me. Just get to the point!