Chapter Twenty-One

I don’t listen in this time, I just walk in. I act surprised to see them.
“Oh, hello.” I say. They glare.
“The nurse said visiting hours are over.” I tell them even though I never even saw a nurse.
“It’s only 7:00, visiting isn’t over until 8:00.” Glimmer snaps.
“Well it’s a little different with his condition because of a few students this morning.” I shoot back.
“Watch it Everdeen.” Marvel says. “Glimmer can do some serious damage and I won’t stop her if she tries anything.”
“She had better just get out of here before I do something.” I say. Peeta looks at me a little shocked. Then turns to them.
“You had better just go.” Peeta says.
“Don’t think this is over Peeta.” Glimmer says before walking out with Marvel. Peeta turns to me.
“I didn’t know you threatened people.” He says. I shrug.
“If they are going to threaten you, then I think I should.” I say.
“They weren’t threatening me.” He says.
“Yeah, I honestly didn’t think so.” I say and sit down. I don’t want to break the news to him that I can’t stay with him tonight, but I have to.
“I can’t stay here tonight. I can tomorrow night, but my mom wants to see my cut.” I inform him. He nods.
“I want you to go home tonight anyway. You will sleep better.” He says.
“I don’t care if I sleep hanging by one leg, I want to be here.” I say.
“I would never let that happen to you.” He says grabbing my hand.
“Well, thank you.” I say laughing. Then, I get serious. “Peeta, we will be alright. They won’t hurt me. We can be together.” I say. He closes his eyes.
“I hope so Katniss. I hope so.” He says. We sit there for a few minutes.
“Actual visiting hours will be over soon. I will be here tomorrow morning. Probably before you even wake up alright?” I ask standing up. He still has my hand.
“Peeta, you have to let go.” I say.
“Um, no.” He says.
“Peeta, I could get in trouble. I promise I will facetime you as long as you want tonight.” I say and he pulls at my hand. He gives me a good bye kiss. I haven’t felt his lips against mine in such a long time. I missed it so much. Then he drops my hand.
“I will bring you something tomorrow morning.” I tell him.
“Just bring yourself please.” He says.
“Nope, you are getting something.” I say with a smile. He sighs.
“I will see you tomorrow. I love you.” I say walking to the door.
“I love you too.” He says. As soon as I close the door, my phone starts ringing. It’s Peeta, he wants to facetime. I answer.
“I miss you already.” He says. I laugh.
“It’s been 10 seconds.” I say.
“Yeah, but I haven’t seen you the past three weeks. A few hours isn’t long enough to make up for that time.” He says.
“We will have all day tomorrow. Let me facetime you when I get home though. I love you.” And I kiss the camera. He laughs.
“I love you too.” He says and we hang up. I take the elevator this time and walk out of the doors. There is a breeze tonight and I’m wishing for a jacket. Instead, I suck it up and walk toward my house. I cut through the woods because it will be faster that way anyway. Walking through the woods, it feels different. I’m sure I’m just being paranoid. I keep walking and when I hear a twig snap, I break in to a run. I run until I’m on the edge of the woods and I can see my house. I’m about to walk toward it again, when someone grabs me. Something hits my head and everything goes black.