Chapter 19 (Mistakes)

"Julie, what happened? Why can't you be with me?" Jack said as his voice cracked.

"Jack....I'm extremely sorry but..things are just getting too........complicated between us." I replied.

"B-but."

"I'll leave you two in here....." Kian said as he left the room.

"Jack. I love you. I really really do. But too many things are happening right now. I can't handle all of this at once. Please don't get mad." I said starting to cry.

Jack leaned in for a hug and he left the room without another word. I began to cry and pour my eyes out as I just thought about the amazing opportunity I just missed. Being with Jack. He was my dream crush. Now? It's all over.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I was home the next day and my mom was at work again as usual. I haven't talked to Jack for weeks now and I really wanted to see him again. I mean, his eyes. His jawline. His hair. Just everything is so 😍😍😍. But...I couldn't anymore. No matter how much I wanted to be with him now. It was all over now.

My phone began to ring as I walked up towards it. Kian. I answered it:

"Hey Kian, what's up?"

"Hey Julie.....listen. Um...I've been wanting to tell you this for a long time now..but I just couldn't find the right time. So I just want to let it all out right here. Right now." I could hear Kian's nervous voice over the phone.

"What is it?" I asked it disappointment.

"I'm. I'm-I'm-I'm leaving to join the military."

There was a long pause of silence for a quite long time. My heart stopped for a long time. How could he do this to me? Why did he want to go!? I have nobody how! And this is what he wants?

"Hello? Julie? Are you still there?"

"U-um yea...why are you doing this Kian?"

"I-I-I don't know honestly. I mean. My grandfather was in the military, and I've always wanted to follow his footsteps in success. He was such a good person and he..." His voice began to crack.

"He died. He just died." Kian said.

"Kian I'm so sorry....and I don't know what else to say. When are you leaving?"

"Tomorrow. I know that I'm telling you this really late but...I couldn't tell you any other way. It was just too hard 😭" Kian cried over the speaker.

"Kian. Come over right now." I hung up the phone.

Kian came over and knocked on the door. I opened it to see him with his head practically shaved.

I automatically hugged him for a good 5 minutes...

"Kian. Please. Don't leave me." I started balling my eyes out as I whispered in his ear.

"I have to. I have to be there for Atleast 3 years."

"😭😭😭😭😭 I have nobody anymore. Mom is always at work. And all my friends. I barely talk to them anymore. I can't do this."

"Julie. Yes you can. Stop doubting yourself. You got this under control. I'm extremely sorry. I really am. But please just hear me out and everything will be ok."

"I understand. Go do what you have to do. I'll just be waiting..............for three years."

Kian hugged me one last time and said an "I love you" right before he left. I dropped down to the door in tears. After about an hour of trying to calm myself, I decided that it was time to go to Jack's house and see how he's doing. He's probably alone like me, so why not.

I walked to Jack's house and stopped right before his door. 4 weeks. That's how long it was since the last time we've seen each other. I carefully knocked on his door as my heart skipped a beat.

The door opened as I see another girl wearing a really short crop top and shorts standing there just glaring at me.

"Ew who are you. Wtf are you doing at Jack's house. BISH do you have the wrong house your knocking at?"

"Um....." I was confused. What is this chick doing here at Jack's house? Half naked with her ugly crop top!?"

"Spit it out. I don't have time for this."

I hear a voice from another room. I immediately noticed that it was Jack's. I was so excited, yet still utterly confused.

"Madison, are you ready to head out?" He says.

Jack stops and freezes once he reaches this room and stares at me, probably as confused as I am.

"Oh my god. Julie?" He says surprised and actually happy.

"Ew wtf Jack. You actually know this girl? Wait....ARE YOU CHEATING ON ME?"

Jack rushes to calm the brat down as her face gets all red and her gum chewing gets more loud an annoying. Jack comes to me and stares into my eyes for a couple of seconds. He had a deep regret for leaving me as much I as I had a deep regret leaving him. However, his words did not show it one bit. Was he hiding it? Not sure.

"Um...Madison, this is my sister, Julie."

"What? What are you talking abo-" Jack rushes over to me to cover my mouth and gives me a signal to not say anything.

"Um. We need a moment please Mads. Stay here."

"Whatever.." She says with her "innocent" loud gum chewing once again.

We go outside as he grabs me by the waist and kisses me. I just went along with it, I mean. It was amazing. I push off of him.

"What are you doing?" He asks.

"No Jack, what are YOU doing?" I ask in return.

"Madison is....well....my new girlfriend." He says whilst biting his lip not happily.

"Then why did you just kiss me?!" I yelled.

"Shhhhh! Stop" he says, "let me explain Julie!"

"Go ahead. I got time."