Chapter 6

"Your highness, we were not able to catch him." said a rhino, bowing in front of the lion, feeling ashamed.

"So he ran away? Again?!" the lion, king of Anonymous, raised his voice, threateningly.

"But sir, we found your precious seeds! We found them all!" the rhino exclaimed, taking a step forward. The king smiled slyly hearing that his seeds are back, but his smile faded away when the rhino continued.

"However... he planted many of them, I'm afraid to admit that many animals are already collecting them."

"What." he asked quietly, which made the rhino shiver and a step back.

"You highness, I swear to you that when we find him, we will kill him." he promised, sounding sure about his statement.

"Good. Go, now!" the king said.

.............................................................

Some hours later, Nick and Judy were almost out of the crowded mainland.

"In two more days, we'll be standing in front of the gate." Nick said happily, while Judy found excitement in his voice, as well.

"That's great! Are you excited to see the world I come from?" she asked smiling, trying to contain her excitement. They will travel back together and he's going to find a permanent home, where they is no need for hiding or running away. They will share long walks, work in the farm together... Her mother will be so... wait. How will her mother react? Will she like him?

"Let's say that I'm looking forward to getting out of here." he calmly answered, but paused seeing the blank look on her face.

"Hey, Carrots are you okay?" he asked crouching down meeting her height.

"Y-yes." she said, and looked at him innocently. He straightened his back and crossed his arms.

"I don't believe you."

"I just... I'm just worried." she admitted, sighing.

"About?"

"About my family's reaction, when they... meet you." she whispered feeling guilty for actually saying it. She felt her heart beat faster when he didn't respond. He just lowered his ears and looked down, frowning. The silence was unbreakable.

"I'm sorry, Nick." she lowered her ears.

He just continued walking, ignoring her. He walked faster than before. She felt as if he was trying to ran away from her. She ran and grabbed his paw.

"I'm sorry! I... I didn't mean to hurt you. Nick, please." she begged, holding his paw tightly.

"It's okay." he whispered. "I'm used to it." Nick said making her feel even worse.

"Nick I know how you feel. You feel like nobody understands you. Remember when you told me that I'm not alone? I'm with you, no matter what!" she said, and Nick saw that she meant every word. He then brought her close to him, in a short, but sweet embrace.

"Thank you, Carrots." he whispered in her ear.

Before she could hug him back, he let her go, and they continued walking slowly.

.................................

"Our next stop is going to excite you." Nick exclaimed, only making her smile widen.

"Where is it?" she asked jumping around.

"Oh, you'll see." he gave her his signature smirk.