Chapter 30

As they entered the room, the door closed behind them.

"So you decided to come back." the king's voice made them jump slightly. Turning their heads, they saw him sitting proudly on his throne. Judy gasped, as several soldiers appeared and grabbed them, holding their paws behind their backs.

"Let go!" Judy tried to escape the tiger's grip.

"Sir, we need to talk to you!" Miss Mary said.

"I don't care what you want!" Lionheart yelled, hitting his paw on the throne. "The fox is an outlaw. He must die." he spoke, pointing at Nick who was frowning.

"No! Please, listen to us!" Judy begged.

"Why should I listen to you rabbit? You're not even from here!" the king asked.

"That's why we came! We need... your help." she explained.

The king laughed loudly. "Why would I help you?"

"Carrots stop, there's no use in trying!" Nick fumed.

"I won't stop! I'll never stop trying!" she belted in response. The king watched them.

"Sir. We need your help, because only you can understand us. I don't want to live without Nick. But... we're worlds apart, and we can't live together. You know exactly how this feels." Judy said, looking the lion deep in the eyes. She was full of worry. She was agitated. The king was an egoist. However she was sure that he was not heartless. He was just hurt.

Lionheart's eyes widened, and his body stiffed. "I don't know what you're talking about." he glanced at the confused soldiers.

"Yes you do!" she insisted, pulling away from the tiger's grip. "You've felt this way." she continued. The lion's jaw tightened, as Judy approached him. "You fell for an animal that you couldn't be with." the soldiers were shocked. The king gulped. Finnick smirked.

"She was a shee-"

"Enough!" the king interrupted her, his voice echoing. "Lock them."

Judy shook her head in disbelief. "No! You must understand! You must remember how you felt for her! Remember!" Judy tried to escape the tiger's grip again.

The king stood up, and walked away. He sighed, hearing Judy scream. He covered his face with his paws, taking a deep breath.

..............................................................

Being locked in a cell was definitely not fun. They were all in the same cell, and that was an advantage.

"It's over." Nick said. He was sitting in the corner.

"No, it's not." Judy argued, her back facing everyone, as she was holding the bars.

"How can you be so positive?! They will kill us!" Nick belted.

"Didn't you see him? He understands us!"

"No he doesn't! You don't know him. He's heartless."

"He is hurt. He just lets it out this way."

Nick rolled his eyes angrily. "You're so naive Judy, you think everyone is polite and kindhearted. Well snap out of it! Wake up and face reality!"

"I'm not naive for wanting to change the world!"

"You can't change the world! Deal with it. It's over." he lowered his voice, calming down.

"Why do you give up so easily?" she continued.

"Because I told you, it was a bad idea to come here anyway."

Judy frowned. "Is that how much you care about us?!" she snapped loudly.

Nick clenched his fists. "I care about us, I just can't do anything about it."

"You could at least say something in there! You just stood there doing nothing, as if you aren't even part of this!"

Nick stood up. "I told you, it's useless!"

"It's not, Nick. You just don't care! You don't care that I will be sent back soon. You just care that you might be killed. You are the real egoist here!"

Finnick's eyes widened. Miss Mary froze.

Nick approached Judy growling, and yelled at her face. "How dare you say this?! You're so desperate  that you think that our worst enemy can help us! You turned against me, forgetting what you're fighting for!"

"Well maybe I shouldn't be fighting for us, because as you said, it's useless!"

"You finally realized that! But it's too late now. We will die anytime soon!"

Judy pulled her ears down, fuming. "You're such an egoist!" Nick didn't respond.

"Am I an egoist for not wanting you to die?!" he raised his voice again.

"You don't understand! I don't want to live , if you're not in my life!" yelled Judy, as her vision blurred.

She started sobbing. "I hate you!" she boomed.

"I hate you."

Finnick face-palmed. Suddenly, the door opened violently. A soldier entered.

"Judy Hopps. The king needs to see you."

____________________________________________________________________

A/N: I know, it's dramatic. I'm in a tragic mood right now. But I'm really proud of this! It's longer than the other chapters, and I feel like I didn't disappoint you that much! :)

I'll update more often now, and the chapters will be longer! <3

Editor: @gunsandthrones

DON'T FORGET TO VOTE AND REVIEW KINDLY!

Until the next time, cookies and cupcakes :* <3

~ THANK YOU FOR EVERYTHING ~