Chapter 1

July 7, 2020

Baylee's POV

"Oh, baby, baby
Oh, baby, baby
If you learn now, if you learn now
If you learn how, I'll stay"

I sing the last lines of the song. I hand the mic to the person waiting in line to karaoke.

"Oh my God that was perfect!"

My best friend Callie runs up to me saying. I just smile at her. We head back to the bar to grab more drinks. I make it to the counter and turn around to see where Callie went. I find that I lost her in the crowd. She probably just seen a attractive guy and went off with him.

"What can I get you?"

The bartender says to me.

"Just some Jack Daniel's please." "Coming right up miss."

He smiles at me.

"Don't you think that's a strong drink for a girl like you?" "Excuse me? I could out drink you any day." "Alright let's see. Come with me?"

He offers his hand to me for me to follow him. I cancel my drink at the bar and follow him. We make it to a little both not that far from the bar. A waiter brings trays of shots to our table. The man looks at me.

"OK so this is how we're gonna do it. Each of us takes one shot at a time. After every shot we'all make a tally mark to keep track. Deal?" "One condition on my end first." "What could that be?" "What is your name?"

He raises his eye brow in a questioning way. A small smile creeping onto his face.

"My name is Tom. Tom Kaulitz."

I smile at him.

"Well Tom. My name is Baylee." "What a beautiful name."

We exchange a few looks.

"You're on."

I say to him as I pass out the first round of shots. He does that little shit eating grin again. Raising his shot in the air.

"Good luck to you for thinking you can beat me at a drinking competition."

I laugh.

"I don't think I can beat you. I know I can."

I take the shot and slam the glass down in front of him. He does the same.  This man in front of me is very attractive.

A few rounds of shots later we both are talking incoherent babble. I go to grab another shot and realize we're all out.

"Tom. We're out of shots."

He looks down at his paper as I look down at mine.

"Shit. Its a tie."

He looks up after the words leaves his mouth. I decide to take a little leap.

"I know another way we could settle this." "Oh how?" "Lets take this up to my hotel room. We can drink more up there and not worry about other things." "OK."

We both stand up. He pays for the shots and we stubble up to my room.