Chapter 4

November 8, 2020

Baylee's POV

It's been a few months since I've been accepted as a model. Today's one of my first major photo shoots. All I've been able to think about recently is Tom. I wonder if I'll ever see him again.

"Hello earth to Baylee? Are you in there somewhere?"

My brother Travis snaps me out of my thoughts.

"Are you thinking about him again?" "Yes...."

I trail off. Travis is my twin brother. We're both 26. He's older by three minutes. He knows everything that happened that night between Tom and I.

"I can't stop thinking about him. We agreed to only that night and nothing else, but I want more."

Travis busts out laughing.

"That's something all men probably want to hear a woman say. That they want more of him." "Shut up asshole."

I turn away from him annoyed. After a few moments we pull up to the building where the photo shoot is. I pull my sun glasses down over my face considering I fell and probably look like shit. Plus I've been rising in the modeling world and more people are recognizing me now. I grab my stuff from the back seat and slam the door.

"Hey don't mistreat my baby. She doesn't deserve it."

Travis proceeds to run and kiss his car.

"For all you know a bird could've shit there."

I walk away from him instantly knowing he'll have something smart to stay. I walk through the the double doors and up a few flights of stairs and reach the final room at the top. I can hear someone talking on the other side. Nothing will ever prepare me for what is on the other side.

I slowly open the door trying not to disturb who ever is in there already. My eyes lock with a familiar brown pair. His gaze is breath taking. His face, something I could stare at for days.  Before I have time to gather my self Travis climbs up the stairs and runs into me causing me to fall over. My stuff falls all over the floor.

"What the fuck Travis?! Couldn't have watched where you was walking?" "Not my fault. Someone was blocking the door. "

I scowl at him. If looks could kill he would be dead. I finally regain my self after the fall. Tom has rushed over to me.

"Baylee? Is that you?" "Yea. It's nice to see you again Tom. How have you been?" "I've been great."

He smiles and rubs the back of his neck nervously. He looks at the other people in the room.

"Is there anyway we can take like a ten minute break?" "Yea sure go ahead."

One of the men in the room say. Tom looks at me and whispers.

"Can I talk to you in private?" "Yea sure."

I follow him out onto the balcony. He closes the doors behind us making sure no one can hear us. He then turns to me.

"I've been thinking about that night lately. I can't get it out of my head. Baylee, I think you're doing something to me. I've never felt like this after a night with a woman before."

I stare at him in shock.

"Truth is, I've been thinking of it too."

He looks up at me and gives me a soft smile.

"To be honest I think I like you more than just a one time thing. Is there any way you would wanna maybe catch dinner or a movie with me tonight? We're in town for a while. I would love to catch up with you."

He pauses for a while.

"I've missed you Baylee."