Chapter 14

~Skip to Kinley's 8th birthday~
(Baylee is now 28 years old)

(Baylee and Kinley pictured together in picture above)

October 31,2030

Baylee's POV

"Kinley. Come on we're gonna be late seeing uncle Vic and your other uncles." "I want to sleep momma" "I know Kinley. Me too, but we promised your uncles we would go see them."

She groans and rolls out of bed trudging to the bathroom. I grab her an outfit from her closet and lay it out for her while I get my self cleaned up. After we're finally ready we load into the car. Right as I was about to back out of our drive way Vic calls me.

"Hello?" "Ok so before you say urging you guys are still coming no matter what." "What is it Vic? Just tell me were about to leave now." "Well they're here." "Who is Vic?" "Tom and the rest of Tokio Hotel."

I fall silent and the phone falls out of my hand.

"Momma are you ok?"

I'm silent for a little while longer. I snap back to reality and away from my thoughts. I pick up the phone.

"Yea I'm fine Kinley. Wet still coming Vic. We promised you and it's her birthday." "Well ok. We'll figure something out." "I mean I don't want to see him Vic I really don't. But if we happen to run into each other it's probably for a reason. I'm not gonna seek him out either. I want to be as far away from his as possible. But we need to head out before were late. Talk to you when we get there."

We say our goodbyes and I speed off dreading me the moment I see him.

~skip an hour~

Baylee's POV

We've finally made it to the venue. I get Kinley out of the car and we walk to PTV's bus. On the way there we pass their bus. I ignore it and walk a little faster.

"Slow down momma I got little legs." "I'm sorry baby. Momma is just a little nervous right now." "Why you nervous momma?" " There's a guy here momma used to like a lot but doesn't talk to him anymore." "Who is it?"

The moment of truth.

"Remember how you used to ask about your dad?" "Yea?" "Remember how momma said he travels the world all the time and he's really busy?" "Yea." "Well Kinley he's here right now and there's a really big chance you might get to see him. Momma doesn't want to talk to him
Because I haven't seen him in over eight years."

She wraps her little arms around my neck and kisses my cheek.

"It's ok momma just be calm."

I hug her right back. We eventually make it to their bus and climb on.

"Uncle Tony! I'm here!"

Kinley screams. He emerges from the back room.

"There's my Kinley!"

He lifts her up and spins her. She just hugs him.

"I missed you uncle Tony." "I missed you too Kinley. Happy Birthday! Are you ready for the show today?" "Of course!"

I smile thinking of how happy Kinley has been the last 8 years. My baby isn't so much a baby anymore. I love her to the death of me and I always will. I let her play with the guys for a few mint he's before their manager pops on the bus.

"Hey guys. It's time for your meet and greet." "Alright we'll be on our way."

Vic answers. The manger walks off.

"Are you guys coming?" "Na. I think we're gonna go check out some other bands. Bring Me is here today right?" "Yea. Be careful of the crowds though." "Always Vic."

I smile at him as Kinley and I walk off the bus. I glance out of the corner of my eye and see Tom and the boys coming off the bus. I grab Kinley and climb back on PTV's bus quickly. Hoping they didn't see me.

"Back so soon?"

Jaime asks.

"He's out there Vic. Like right outside the bus."

Vic comes over to me and engulfs me in a hug. He whispers in my ear so only I can hear.

"Don't worry. It will be ok. Just remember to act calm for Kinley." "She knows her dad is here."

He stops and looks at me.

"I could not not tell her Vic. She deserves to know." "I know Baylee. Just be careful. I'd kill someone if you guys got hurt."

I hug him once again and check to see if they're still out there. They're finally gone. I grab Kinley's hand and we make our way towards the stage. We pass his mercy tent which they're currently at. I glance over and I meet a familiar pair of brown eyes I haven't seen in so long. We hold our gaze for a moment before Kinley snaps me back into reality.

"Momma look there's my best friend Oli!" "Aright lets go see him."

I look back once before we take off to see Tom whispering Bill who then looks up in my direction. I look away, quickly grabbing Kinley and heading towards Oli.