Chapter 21

Skip 3 weeks

December 21, 2030

Baylee's POV

It's been a few weeks since Tom and I have gotten back together. Kinley took it so well she basically tackled Tom when she seen him. She's so happy that mommy and daddy are together again. She "whispered" to Tom that mommy always loved him. I just smiled. Tom, Kinley and I are currently sitting at Tom's little house. We've actually been spending a lot of time here. Reconnecting as a family. Wow. That's weird. To think this time last year time last year I wouldn't have even thought I would ever see Tom again. Kinley comes running up to me and jumps on my lap. Tom following quickly behind her.

"Save me from daddy, momma. He's a monster." "Oh really? Well monster fell the wrath of my mommy powers Mr.Monster!"

I poke his chest. He clutches it like he was seriously hurt.

"The darkness. I see it. It's gonna take me. Tell my daughter and my girlfriend good bye for me. I'll always love them."

He then plays dead.

"Hurry momma! The only thing that can save him is you!"

I internally roll my eyes and kneel down beside Tom.

"What am I supposed to do to save him Dr.Kinley?" "Lick his face!"

Tom's eyes shoot open and looks at her then me.

"Don't you dare Baylee. I swear I'll get you back."

I smile and start licking his face. He tries to get up and away from me. With me being small he succeeds.

"Hey Kinley wanna go see grandma and papal?" "Of course momma!" "Go pack your bag and we'll take you over."

She sprints up stairs. I look over at Tom.

"I need to do some last minute Christmas consolation with Santa for a certain little girl. Wanna join me?" "Sure. I'll buy everything."

I smile and walk up to him pecking his lips.

"What if the paparazzi see us this time?" "Don't you think it's time we go public with our relationship?"

He has a point.

"Ok. We can make an appearance together. Grab their attention then confirm it in a few days?" "Sounds like a great idea to me."

He smiles and kisses the top of my nose. I got the best gift this year. My family back together.