Chapter 25:

I've moved up to #79 WOOHOO thank you so much please please please keep voting. 

.-.-.-.

Ryder was over the top of me, his body shaking as he protected me from the still falling debris. My head throbbed from the impact of hitting it against the hard earth. My heart pounded as I realised what I was stuck in the middle of.

All of my guards, plus others were stood, shifted into their wolves, in a tight circle around us. Turning my head I could see that wolves were fighting the deformed and mangy forms of the rebels. They equalled us in numbers, even with the alphas and there best fighters, it was an even fight.

Deep and feral growls filled the field. I couldn't think straight with all the noise. I hadn't noticed that Ryder had removed himself from me and was pulling me up and placing me onto the back of Reynolds blonde wolf.

"Don't." My hand was gripped tightly into the material of Ryder's shirt. I wasn't about to let him lock me up in our room, making me wait and worry that he might not come back to me.

His eyes were desperate as he shook his head at me. Quickly he bought a hand up to the back of my neck and hurriedly pressed a kiss to my lips. My eyes watered when I knew that his kiss was a goodbye.

"I love you." His hand slipped from my skin as Reynolds pushed himself forward. The last thing I saw of him was him shifting into the beautiful body of his wolf.

Never had I seen my guards move this fast. The movement was making me sick. My hands locked tighter into his fur when we slide across the wet marble floor. There were rebels inside the castle as well. The sprinklers rained down on us, the water falling in my eyes, making it difficult to see the wolves that were moving to attack us.

"Hold on," Reynolds growl echoed through my mind. I was already holding on tightly but I managed to latch my fingers further into his fur, watching my knuckles turn white as I did.

Reynolds lips pull back exposing the gleam of his teeth in warning to the rebels. His snarl was met by ferocious growls. The rebels had blocked off the stairs. If they wanted to get me to safety they would have to fight.

"Get me to Ryder's office." I tell Reynolds through the mind link.

"No, the security is best in your suite." Reynolds was moving towards the rebels now, effortlessly ripping through the skin of the ones that had gotten to close.

"Take me to Ryder's office Reynolds." He growled and he shakes his big head with my order.

There were only a few rebels left now and Reynolds easily moved past them with my guards following behind us now that more of Ryder's guard entered the castle. My own guards shot confused looks at Reynolds as he moved towards Ryder's office instead of my suite were I was guaranteed the best safety.

Reynolds slowed once we were in the large office. Sliding off his back, all my guards run into the room behind us. The already thick and heavy doors close behind us, the even thicker protective metal that was laced with silver falling down over them.

Once I was secure in the room Reynolds shifted without warning and I didn't have time to turn before I got an eye full. I hadn't meant to, but my eyes flicked down without my intention. My face reddened as my thoughts instantly moved to compare him to Ryder.

Ryder was bigger.

Shaking my head of the thoughts, I concentrate on the big problem. My feet carry me across the room and behind Ryder's desk, where I have to keep my thoughts from roaming back to what happened on it earlier in the week. I wasn't pregnant yet. Ryder was going to tell me when he had scented it on me. I hope he still had the chance to.