14.

Cashmere

Without turning around, I tilted my head to the side to show that she had my attention but not fully. Bitches be slimy. I know now that I always have to have my guard up.

" You know what? " , I said.

Yasmine

" Where the fuck has Cashmere been? "

A worried Kandice said to herself as she paced back and forth in my living room.

Jordan, standing close to me, took his phone from his ear. " Man I don't know. I called him a thousand times. "

I bite my fingers, feeling worried as'hell..

" I hope he's alright. "

" I know my boy aint in no shit. " , Jordan rubs his head.. now pacing back and forth also . " He would of been called me.."

I feel kinda bad. Maybe he's with that trick I heard him talking on the phone with. Should I say something? But what if he isn't with her, and he's actually in serious trouble.. I basically will get him caught up without truly know the full story.

At this point I can tell Kandice was turning into a nervous wreck; and I even seen a few tears drop from her face. I felt really bad. We haven't seen Cash since last night. Where could he be? Death was the last thing we wanted to find out with him.

There was a knock at the door making Kandice, Jordan, and I both react instinctually .

" I got this. " , Jordan whispered putting his hand up to stop us. I walked Kandice to the couch and tried to comfort her but watched Jordan so if I had to react I could do it immediately.

Jordan peeked his head out the window then opened the door. In poured the whole crew.

" Man.. we searched every damn where.. no Cash. " , Layla walked in and sat on the couch.

" No where to be found brah. " , Greg followed.

Then came Will, Walter, Kalvin, and Travis.

" Where's Lordon? " , Jordan asked noticing not everybody came back.

Everyone put on that I have no clue face . Layla walked up to where Kandice and I were and she sat on the arm of the couch to hug Kandice.

" You alright babe? "

Kandice didn't move. She just stared off in space.

" Layla where the hell is Lordon.. " Jordan said loud enough to for her to really hear this time.

" I- I don't know where he went.. he said he'd be back though.. "

I could hear the nervousness in her throat. I know everyone did.

Jordan

Ima fuck Lordon ass up! How dare he leave the team when we looking for our boy. Slim ass nigga.

I sighed to push him out my head.

" Does anyone even have a clue to where Cash might be? "

" Naw.. " , the boys said.

" Damn man.. " , I got up angryly, kicking the air. This made me really mad.

" I.. I think I know. " Yasmine said out of no where. I glanced at her quickly.

" What do you know babe? " , I moved closer to her so I could hear every detail. I know it has to be something.

" Well.. I had overheard him on the phone a couple weeks ago.. " , she swallowed, examining the room.

Everyone was looking at her.

" on the phone.. " , she said slowly. " with a female.. " , she glanced at Kandice. Kandice was now sobbing quietly to herself.

" I can't exactly remember the conversation but it seemed as though they were out together that day. "

" The day his ass left.. " , Layla blurted out.

" Yeah.. but I don't know if he's with that woman. It's just an idea.. " Yasmine's voice got shaky.

" Fuck. " , I said. I think I knew who she was talking about. That girl we seen in the mall.. um.. the Brittany girl. They exchanged numbers and planned to meet. She was being really flirtatious but I know my boy wouldn't cheat on his girl. It just doesn't add up.

" The girl.. she was brown skinned with a mid shape. Her hair was blonde and she had like some big ass lips? " , I thought about what she said out loud. I looked around to find them just staring at me. Everyone was mad quiet. " WE met this chick in the mall one day. He said it was his long time friend from child days. She gave him her number.. and- "

I stopped talking when Kandice rose from her seat in anger. " I like how y'all tell all this now! What kind of family keeps secrets like that? " She was now standing up yelling at both, Yasmine and I.

" Bu- " , Yasmine tried to start.

" Save that shit. I'm out. " , she walked towards the door and slung it open furiously. What was weird was that she was still standing in the door way. But she was looking mad crazy.. I could see her jaws open and tears slowly building I'm her eyes.

When everyone moved to see what was wrong we found Cashmere standing there looking at her and..

Brittany?