1.

~ A New Start ~

Jordan

We made it to ATL. Thank God! When we finally arrived at our new home I couldn't help but smile. This was a dreams come true and it was beautiful. Once we got settled in and I showed Yasmine around the house. I lead her back in the kitchen " Are you hungry? " I asked. She noded.

Now you know ya boy know how to throw down in the kitchen. I decided to make some fried fish and french fries. Something light and simple. I put the fries in a pan and set them in the oven. I then prepared the fish by pouring cornmeal over each and seasoning . Every now and then I'd glanced over at Yasmine sitting at the long wooden dinning room table. She was just staring at out in space with those big brown puppy eyes.

" What happened to me? " , she finally said, staring at me.

I froze from that question. Should I tell her the truth? I put 3 pieces of fish in the pot of grease and let it fry. After the that , I made my way over to sit next to her. She didn't make a face expression . " Well.. " , I told her everything. Every little detail. She didnt say a word, her face expression didn't change, nothing.. That was the same lifeless expression that she had on the way to the hospital.

"Hurry up Cash! She's losing a lot of blood. My Yasmine, my beautiful baby." Ima thug but I couldn't fight the tears that pour down my face as I looked at the helpless body that sat in my lap.. " Yasmine, stay with us, please." I cried out.

"T-thank y-you J-Jordan." she says.

" So.. I lost my memory because I got shot? " , she asked, knocking me out of that moment..

I noded and motioned her hands on her chest where the gun womb was. She was emotionless. I got up to turn the fish. " And my parents are dead..? " " Yes Yasmine, but I'm here for you. Ill always be here. If anybody tries to hurt you, they'll have to hurt me first. " .

She noded, " Oh okay.. so who are you to me?" I thought for a minute. I did propose to her, so I could say fiance but she didn't actually say yes .. I could say boyfriend but.... " I'm your Guardian Angel ma . Im here to protect you. ", I tried to smile. She didn't smile back so I stopped. " Are my parents angels too? In heaven? " . She was catching on quick. 

" I'm sure they are . " I lied slightly. I knew her mom was. She was an angel here on earth but her dad.. I didnt know.

After about 15 mins, we sat in silence. She stared at me as I cooked and my mind was in wonder. She didn't look the same, somehow it looked as though her face has changed. I guess I was so use to her smiling and always happy but there was no tracce of that now. Her face didn't glow.

I fixed the plates and set one infront of her. She ate slow, and precise. After dinner I lead her up to her room. For now we had separate rooms because I wanted her to trust me. Before I shut the door behind me, I noticed her looking at me. "Yasmine whats wrong? " " Thank you. " , she shut the door a few seconds later. I smiled alittle and went into my room. I left the door open just in case. Powing into my bed, wrapping the covers around me felt good . I let my body relax and took a deep breathe. My eyes slowly closed and I felt comfortable.

About an hour later, I awoke from the sound of a doorshut . I tensed up. I slipped my hands underneath my covers and grabbed my gun. I put it out of sight , ready for whoever to come up in here and act crazy. Suddenly I heard footsteps.. they were slow. I heard a hand on the wall. I started to get freaked out. I lifted the gun to where I thought the person was. I swallowed hard and put my hands on the strigger, ready.

The lights flung on and beside it was a girl that I once knew. Those beautiful brown eyes I could see from a mile away. Her long curly black hair hung everywhere on her head. She looked at me with sorrow. It appeared that she was crying not to long ago. Her eyes were red and puffy. Her hands shook like crazy. She was drenched in sweat. I slid the gun back in place quickly but not taking my eyes off her.

" Jordan, I remember. "