Chapter 3

I was walking back to my dorm from class when I heard someone running up behind me. I glanced over my shoulder to see a familiar figure running up on me. The figure snapped out his wings and shot up into the sky. I took a running start and then snapped out my wings and shot up next to him.

"Hey, person." Iggy said confusingly. He seemed oblivious that he was running at me, he probably thought the sidewalk was empty.

"It's Fang." I replied. He nodded recognizing my voice. I tapped his shoulder and then dove down toward the dorms. Iggy followed me and soon we landed on top of the roof. I silently climbed down the ladder into the lounge. I tapped the ladder so Iggy could figure out where it was, even though with how long his been at Wings Prep he probably didn't need it.

"Fang, is anyone in here?" I looked around and didn't see anyone.

"No, Ig. No one's here." I walked over and plopped down on one of the orange sofas. Iggy sat down on one of the purple couches. The lounge was an array of mis-matched purple and orange couches and chairs.

"Good. I need to talk to you about Lissa." I tensed up a bit when he said her name. Lissa is my ex-girlfriend, she and I dated for about eight months. I broke up with her, but she keeps trying to get me back. I loathe that girl.

"What about her?" I gulped, knowing that it wouldn't be good at all.

"She's leaving Wings Prep." I glanced over at Iggy and gave him a shocked look. I couldn't believe, all my worries would be gone.

"Are you sure?"

"Dude, I'm blind, not deaf." I took a sigh of relief.

"When is she leaving? And how come she is?" I asked, already knowing that it more than likely had to do with me.

"She's leaving after next semester. She's going to an academy for modeling in Paris, France. And it's because she says you embarrassed her all these months." I shook my head at the idiotic reason to leave.

"She isn't even that pretty. I bet she won't even be going to modeling academy." Iggy laughed a little. He turned in my general direction.

"Yea, she''ll probably just go back to Jersey, and be homeschooled or something." I did a silent laugh. It's probably true, but all I care about is that she is leaving. Soon she'll be out of my life for good. I yawned and got up.

"Let's head back to our dorm and get some sleep." I was extremely tired, since last night, I couldn't sleep a wink. I couldn't stop thinking about my exam in chemistry today. I probably bombed it today, since I couldn't concentrate.

"Sure, I'm tired too." Iggy said while yawning. He stood up and we left the lounge and turned left down the hallway.

We walked in silence all the way down to our dorm, where I stopped and unlocked the door with my key. We both entered and Iggy shut the door behind him. I went over to my bed and jumped on to it. I took off my shoes and chucked them past Iggy next to the door.

"Night, Ig." I then laid my head down and quickly fell to sleep.