Chapter 25

Fang POV

Pam pulled up to the front of campus at 2:00 pm sharp. That women really loves to be on time, which helps for a lot of things.

"Thanks for bringing us." I told her motioning toward JJ and myself. We jumped out and went to the back of the van to grab our suitcases.

"You're my kids. I'd do anything in a heartbeat. Now have fun!" Pam did mean that literally. She won the case against our father which meant that she adopted all of us. Which also officially makes me Lissa's brother and that has been the worst part of all of this. But bad things happen and you can't let them ruin the big picture. And the big picture this time is a masterpiece.

"Bye Pam!" JJ and I called to her as she drove off. We walked with our bags to the administrations office to get room assignments. We ended up having rooms in the Hummingbird dorms right next to each other. Apparently, they only have one floor open for the guides to stay for the next two weeks.

When I opened the door, Iggy was sitting on his bed petting his seeing eye dog Sylvia. That's a new one. I've never seen her on campus. Usually, he just keeps her at home and doesn't bring her to school because of the whole flying thing. I mean, news flash Labradors can't fly.

"Fang?" He asked shooting upwards. Sylvia concernedly ran at me and studied me from head to toe. It felt weird to have a dog checking me out. She must have realized that I wasn't a threat soon after because she curled up on a large striped dog bed that was set up under Iggy's bed.

"Yeah man! It's been awhile." I hadn't been able to talk to Iggy for most of the summer. His family and him went to Costa Rica for the entire months of July and August. Lucky duck.

"So, how've you been? Did you stick up to your dad like you've been planning?" Before we left for summer break, Iggy had come up with an elaborate scheme to get JJ and I out of the house. I wanted to go through with it, but decided that it wasn't worth a try.

"Not exactly." I admitted. He got a look of disappointment on his face.

"We'll try again next time. Or I could just call the cops on him." I smiled and looked down at my feet with a nervous laugh.

"About that. My little sister Daisy told this lady named Pam. Pam called the cops after he beat me up so bad the night I came home I passed out. She won the case against him and then adopted us all." Iggy's jaw dropped. Iggy has been wanting to get me out of that house ever since we were seven and he saw a huge bruise on my face (it was before the accident that took his sight).

"Is she nice?" I don't even have to think about it. Sure, we've had our disagreements but anyone who doesn't hit in my book is nice. Except for Lissa.

"Her husband and her are sweet. There's only one problem." I tossed my black bag onto my bed and started to unpack. Iggy stood up and grabbed a bone off of his dresser for Sylvia who came running right to it. "Why do you have her here anyways?"

"Broke my left wing by unexpectedly falling off a cliff and I'm walking for a month so I needed her. Now, what's the problem?" That makes sense. But I do wonder why no one told him about that cliff. It was probably an accident though, unless his parents are conspiring against him. Which I highly doubt. I threw some clothes in some drawers and waited for a few seconds. I had to prepare myself to say this.