Nine||

(Unedited)

I wake up to small hands playing with my fingers. I sigh tiredly and smile to myself, watching as Thomas plays with my pointer and middle finger.

When I pick my head up, a pain instantly shoots through my neck, making me hiss and wince. Thomas looks up at me with a playful smile and hops off my lap quickly to sit on the floor and begin to play with his toys that litter the carpet in the living room.

I stand up and stretch my muscles, yawning.

I bend down to get out a toothbrush and some toothpaste I had brought before walking to the bathroom and brushing my teeth quickly. I wash my face off with water before getting out of the bathroom and back into living room to see Louis on the floor beside Thomas still on his pajamas.

"What?" I whisper.

He looks at me, taking in my confused expression.

"Come with me in the kitchen." He says, nodding his head towards the kitchen as he stands up before walking to it.

I reluctantly follow him.

He turns to me. "I'm still here because I got fired." He says.

My eyes widen suddenly, completely surprised from his words.

"So yes, I'm not making any money right now." He says,frowning. "But, I applied for another job." He grins slightly.

I don't respond, wanting him to speak.

"It's at another mega corporation that is specifically against my father's." He tells me. "It's called Megan Bane Co." He says. I blink, feeling my heart drop. "Ever heard of it?"

I don't respond right away, sighing heavily before groaning out loud and slamming my fist on the marble counter top. "You- no- what the fuck Louis?"

"Problem?" He says calmly, quirking up a brow.

"Problem." I nod. "Huge fucking problem."

"Which is?"

"I applied to work there yesterday."

He blinks, flickering his gaze down to the floor. But then he looks back up at me. "What position?"

I bite on my bottom lip. "Who cares?"

"It's a shitty one, isn't it?" He chuckles mockingly.

I glare at him, wishing looks could kill. "You know I've never worked in the corporate world before. Don't be a damn dickhead about it."

"Just tell me , Rauline. I'm going to find out sooner or later."

I tap my fingernails against the counter top angrily. "Mail girl." I mumble.

Louis snorts instantly at my words.

"Fuck you." I sigh, turning around.

"Wait." He says, wrapping his hand around my wrist, making me stiffen before snatching my hand away angrily as I turn around.

"What?" I snap.

He looks taken aback for a second, features going soft for a second before hardening again. "Thank you for coming over." He says. "Do you want to stay for breakfast?"

"Absolutely not." I snap, turning around again.

"Rauline, can you stop fucking trying to leave. I want to fucking talk to you and have a normal conversation for a few minutes." He seethes, gritting his teeth.

I turn to look at him again, sighing heavily as I raise my eyebrows in annoyance.

"Can you please?" He asks, sighing heavily. "Stay for breakfast."