Six||

(NOT GONNA LIE, BACK TO YOU IS THE BEST REPRESENTATION OF THIS STORY EVER BRO.)

THE NEXT DAY

"Thanks for letting me stay with you and Harry, Diane." I say, smiling sheepishly as I sit down on the dining chair, grabbing the cup of tea she had made for me.

"It's no problem at all, Rauline. I didn't realize you and Louis were so in war that you jusy had to divorce." She says quietly, furrowing her eyebrows. I shake my head.

"No. It's okay. " I sigh, shaking my head.

"How long has it been?"

"Six years."

"I mean...you've been married."

"Um. Two." I tell her. "And it was about to be three two months from now." I rub my eyes. "But it's okay, seriously. I don't care. Marriages don't last long these days, I've always wondered why, but I finally realized, guys just don't give a shit about you." I sigh.

"I give a shit." Harry says as he walks into the room with an offended expression.

"Why do you always seem so hurt when your around me?" I laugh.

"Because you assume too much, Rauli." Diane sighs.

"Exactly." Harry agrees. "Not all guys are the same and I have made sure to show Diane that. But um..." Harry trails off, making us both look at him with curiosity. "What exactly happened between you two?"

I furrow my eyebrows. "I don't know. He just...he became this whole new person after we got married. He was more distant than before, and, he just..." I suck in a breath.

"It's okay, you don't need to explain it all now." Diane says.

"I think you would know this Diane but...Louis' a really passive person. At least, I think so." Harry says to me.

I nod. "That's what I thought but then we started fighting constantly." I sigh tiredly, rubbing the bridge of my nose.

"What could've happened?" Diane asks.

"I-i don't know. I told you he doesn't talk to me. He never did, not even when we were dating."

"Then...why did you stay?" She asks quietly.

"Something..." I trail off, tapping my fingernails against the table mindlessly.

"Something made you stay."

I nod.

"What?"

I shrug silently. "I wish I knew."

Diane sighs. "Well, maybe you should have a few days by yourself, you know? Harry and I were planning to go on a trip this weekend to Florida and stay for a week or two. Do you think that can give some time to think, figure yourself out and all?"

I smile. "Yeah, that'd be cool. Thanks Diane." I chuckle quietly.

"There's that smile." Harry grins. I roll my eyes and take a sip of the drink in my hand.

"You guys are my only friends." I say honestly.

"Aw, I feel special." Diane grins. I chuckle at her.

"Are you guys hungry?" Harry asks, picking at his nails before looking up at us. "Especially you, Rauline, you haven't eaten since you woke up."

"Yeah, it's lunch time now. Want something special?" Diane asks, standing up.

"Um, I don't know, I don't feel that hungry." I shake my head.

"Are you serious?" Diane says, quirking up an eyebrow.