Five||

I look at myself in the mirror, wiping away some excess eyeliner before leaning away from the mirror with a heavy sigh.

"Are you ready ba- Rauline." I hear Louis say, quickly correcting himself to say my name in a duller tone. I look at him as he stands in the door way, wearing a blue dress shirt, the sleeves rolled up to his elbows, black dress pants and black dress shoes with his hair slicked back. He's also shaven.

I part my lips and nod. "Yeah, is Thomas, ready?"

"Yes." He nods, turning around.

"Okay." I sigh as he walks away, me exiting shortly after.

"Daddy! Daddy!" Thomas exclaims from the long hallway as I walk behind Louis. I smile as I see him running up to the man. "I'm three today, daddy." Thomas smiles, throwing his arms up in the air to have his father pick him up. Louis does.

"Oh yeah?" He says, chuckling. "I'm thought you were still two."

"No,I'm older. I'm three now. Did you know that mommy?"

"Yes I did, baby." I smile at him fondly.

"Where are we going first?" Thomas asks as we begin to walk down the stairs.

"I can't tell you, Tommy." Louis laughs.

"But daddy." He pouts before looking at me. "Can you tell me?"

"Nope." I grin, reaching out to smooth out a loose strand of his hair.

The new three year old sighs and rests his head on Louis' shoulder.

We get outside into the garage, me pressing the button to open it before climbing into Louis' car, him giving me the child to put in the back seat to strap into his car seat. For a few seconds, even without talking and him just simply giving me Thomas from his arms, I feel like this marriage is normal and it's okay. But then it hits me that, no, its not.

I notice I left my purse. "Louis."

"What?" He says quietly but harshly, not even looking at me.

"I need to get my purse really quickly." I say.

"Hurry up."

I get out of the car and rush back into the house to get my purse before rushing back to the car and getting in with a heavy sigh to hear Thomas singing a song on the radio but barely getting all the lyrics correct.

I open my bag as the car begins to move to get my phone. I see multiple messages from Bryce, making me furrow my eyebrows in confusion.

Bryce: the boss needs to you to come in really quickly.

Bryce: he wants to see you at one.

Bryce: You there? He said he just called you and your not picking up.

My heart leaps as I check my notifications, not bothering to look at the other messages from the boss' assistant, to see three missed calls from the restaurants number. Shit. I can't just ask Louis to go there now as we're driving to Thomas' celebration destination.

I notice we had just past it considering the road we're on.

I decide to text Bryce back.

Me: I'll be there.

"Hey Louis." I say quietly.

"Yeah?"

"Do you mind dropping me off at work really quickly? My boss needed me at one." I say, flickering my gaze to the clock to see its half past two. I swallow thickly and look at him. "I'm so sorry." I add.