Fifteen||

"I can't believe you only bought one thing, Rauline." Diane snaps as we walk out of the mall. Cold drizzles of rain begin to fall from the sky and coat our skin. I look inside of my shopping bag to see a burgundy colored dress inside. I smile slightly and look up at the dark skinned girl.

"I can't believe you bought half the mall." I retort, chuckling lightly.

Diane rolls her eyes. "Whatever. I was excited. You know that scriptwriting job pays a lot, right? Like, you need a lot of time and effort, but the pay is good as fuck."

"I'm aware." I chuckle.

"Would you ever want a job in a production studio?"

"Um, nah, I'd more like to create my own business." I tell her.

"Oh, like what?" She asks curiously.

"Of a clothing store. And also make my own clothing line and all that." I nod.

"And how long have you had this goal, Rauline?"

"Ever since my...sophomore year in highschool I think."

"Girl, what the hell? What are you waiting for?"

I sigh shakily and look at the gravel below me. "You know I'm bad wuh social skills and networking and all that annoying but necessary things."

"You've got to get over it then, boo. And I'm going to help you. In fact, Harry and I will. After he gets himself settled in a good job of course and quits working in that damn restaurant."

I smile.

"Your a really good friend, Di."

"Girl, your like my best friend for life, I'll help you with anything and everything. Unless it includes blood then I'm out."

I laugh with her and then we reach the car and get inside to get back to the condo.

As we drive down the street, the radio is turned up and Rihanna is blasting in my ears as I rest my head against the cold window.

When we reach a stoplight I look out the window and across the street, a sign lighting up the darkness to a small bar that I've seen many times but never been to since I don't like that type of scene. My gaze diverts to something moving. I narrow my eyes, seeing a dark figure walking along a large patch of grass just before the road and about to cross the street as cars speed by.

Suddenly a street light illuminates the body, and instantly, I recognize the face, the hair, everything. "Diane, wait." I say frantically, grabbing the car door handle before unbuckling.

"What? What's wrong?" She asks.

"I'm going to leave, but don't worry, I'll be back at your condo really soon, I just need to-" I don't finish my sentence, stopping it short as I get out of the car and run across the street, cars speeding up and honking for me to get out of the way.

My heart races and blood pumps as I see Louis about to step off the curb, obviously drunk off of his ass as he stumbles carelessly around. I make it across, my hands shaking.

"Louis!" I yell, the wind drowning out my voice.

"Louis!" I yell again.

He steps off the safe part and begins to walk into the road, my heart almost shooting out of my chest before I reach him and grab his wrist, pulling him back before he gets hit by a sudden speeding truck.

His body crashes into mine, making me stumble backwards and almost fall, although, I am able to hold him up as he puts all his weight on me. But when I let him go, he falls to the floor on his knees lazily. I roll my eyes and clench my fists.